McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.9

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

A phone interview was first conducted which was followed by another and much longer phone interview. After this there was a face to face round with the lead followed by the manager.

Technical Ar Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

Technical HR personnel was very good in explaining in initial conversation.
    I had 3 Tele rounds and HR person was really frank enough to tell me exact feedback.
    for Example, After the 2nd Tele round, He informed me that Interviewer was not much impressed but finally voted as 55 / 45 in my favor.

All 3 tele rounds were focused.
    1st - Pure coding skills (1 hr)
    2nd : Algorithm Skills (1.5 Hrs)
    3rd: NTFS, FS and Kernel (45 Mins)

After I cleared all 3 tele rounds, I was asked to come down to their office for full day interview process.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

12 interviews with management from SE Manager to VP, sales executives, and peers in Sales Engineering, including 15 minutes presentation on product. Initially had phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager. Continues on to phone interviews and in-person. Felt comfortable with most of questions and able to respond successfully. Questions were more personality vs technical.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

2 level interviews done. I am still waiting for next levels if they select me from the first two interviews. The interviewers were very good and friendly. The questions were a mix of technical and managerial.

Interview Questions

• Questions were good for the position I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview

Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far.
    It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Questions

• Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2011.

Interview

Horrible

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

HR call followed by onsite. First HR called me and she completly forgot to send invite. It seems she remebered after 2 days and sent an invite around 10 pm for the interview scheduled next day early morning. Anyways I reached there and met there with tech lead. Beyond my imagination, mr tech lead was not bothered about on interview ethics. He just gave me two coding issues and got busy on his cell phone gossip. Mr tech lead was more worried for his daily stand up meeting. I felt like leaving the room but somehow could stay there. It was most unproffesional interview i ever faced. I am happy that they did not call me further.

Interview Questions

• Linked list addition and dictionary impl from the scratch   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team.
    Overall the interview experience was horrible.
    The interview was about 30 mins.
    The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio.
    Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place?
    Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before?
      Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10.
      All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.   Answer Question

UI Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through staffing firm, first round was F2F, some basics javascript questions and after I was asked to take a quiz of 20 questions and a js coding test which was again basics of javascript/css/html. After these tests interviewer told me that I would receive a call from HR if shortlisted.

There is no call from Intel yet! I think I actually wasted 1 day for this interview. They should have at-least informed the status as a courtesy.

The questions were way too easy for an UI architect with 12 years in the same field.

Interview Questions

• How you create object in JS
      How you create array in JS
      Few very basics questions about css too.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a reply back from them to schedule a phone screen within a week. The phone screen was very simple, included questions from my resume, followed by behavioral questions, and a couple of technical questions. They were interested in people with prior experience in scripting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to rely on your instincts. How would you describe OOP. What is the difference between a pointer and a primitive data type. What is the difference between an array and a linked list.   Answer Question