McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

3.1

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, met with prospective supervisor in person, spoke with senior manager by phone. I think I had the job before speaking with senior manager. He/she wanted to be sure I was the correct fit because it came of their budget.

Interview Questions

• What platforms outside of US do you think we should invest our resources in?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied while still part of Intel. After about 2 months contacted by recruiter. Called for an initial screening and then a phone interview with several team members. Phone interview was heavy on standard technical questions. After a week invited to in-person interview to see the building and answer a few more behavioral and technical questions. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a customers inability to connect to the internet?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Mumbai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

there was many rounds of which started with technical round containing questions on the technologies, basics, process adhrered earlier to solve technical issues. this followed by questioning personal skills and attitude. final round is HR where the background and references are verified

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2017.

Interview

I had an informal phone interview with a recruiter before having a second formal phone interview. Everyone I spoke with from the company seemed really pleasant. They asked about recent projects and reasons I would make a strong candidate, and they really seemed interested in what I had to share.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on line. The process took 2 months. I received the first call 1 month after have applied on-line.
    4 interviews
    1. Interview with line manager
    2. Director in eeuu
    3. Director in Asia
    4. Sales manager

They were very polite and questions were about my previous experience, expectations and the role itself.

After long time without hear anything, I went in the web site application form and there was a message saying “no selected”. I had to checked in the Intel security web site to see this message because in Mcafee web site the positions it is not updated

No feedback nor email saying somthing afterthat

An advice for HH.RR would be, please give a feedback to the postulants, as we deserve a bit of respect during the process and it is very important to know if the process is ongoing or it is conclude.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your previous experience working with other vendors   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clarita, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 8 people (45 minutes a piece). I asked what the next step was and was told that I needed to come back to meet with a few more people so they can get into more details of what I did before. What the heck do they want from me next...blood? It's been two weeks and I haven't heard back so I'm assuming they are passing on me. I sent a thank you email and they didn't even acknowledge me. They didn't have the courtesy to let me know, "thanks but no thanks." It's rude and their lack of communication severely discourages me from ever applying there again. Totally their loss.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, in-person interview with three members of the comms team. Turnaround was relatively quick, and they didn't throw any strange curveballs during any of the interviews. There was a keen focus on personal development and self-reflection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced difficulties while working in a group setting.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephonic interview followed by face to face. Various technical questions on oo programming and scripting. Asked to write few scripts in python/Perl. Technical test on an application. Asked me to come over for interview for half a day long process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Córdoba (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Córdoba (Argentina)).

Interview

very long, it took almost all the morning.
    First I have an interview with the managers they ask about my background and experiences.
    Some situations and how I would resolve them.
    After that I have a practical interview, I have to implement some exercises in a computer.
    Finally the a written test with technical question about the language and try to identify the issues in a method.

Interview Questions

• find the issues in a code fragment and explain why they are problematic.   Answer Question

Matketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY).

Interview

You will follow a process of 3 steps, being your first contact the regional LTAM recruiter, followed by the current Director or Manager asking for the position and finalizing with a Sales Director or Regional Director of the country.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you are a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a job challenging situation and how you solve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You may sure to ask for a written proposal and HR could negotiate some adjustments.