McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied while still part of Intel. After about 2 months contacted by recruiter. Called for an initial screening and then a phone interview with several team members. Phone interview was heavy on standard technical questions. After a week invited to in-person interview to see the building and answer a few more behavioral and technical questions. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a customers inability to connect to the internet?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which took approx 20 mins, basic interview questions. Agreed to follow up but no response from the employer. Overall bad experience and no job offer despite agreeing to pursue interview process further.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Brighton, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

- HR call
    - Phone call with a Technical Manager to check on my background and current work
    - Video call with the Technical Manage asking technical questions regarding design and things about my CV.
    - Offline test that got evaluated from McAfee
    - Offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

4 rounds of interview. First 2 rounds are telephonic and 3 round is Skype call with manager as I have to come from different coty. Fourth round is system test in McAfee office. Once it is done HR discussion about salary

Software Enngineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2013.

Interview

It was a face to face interview. Some IT consultancy had shared my CV and got call for interview. It was nice technical discussion. Mainly on C/C++ system programming, data structure, algorithm.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR recruiter about a month or month and a half later that I had been given a phone interview. I only had a single phone interview with two managers in the department I would be working with and they asked about 3-4 questions with an interview lasting about 20 minutes. All behavioral questions, very conversational. I was contacted later that same night (about 4 hours later) by an HR recruiter and was informed that I had been given the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite thing about your last internship?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Telephonic round followed by face to face interview of two rounds. First round was with a panel and the second round was managerial round followed with HR round. There were questions on OS concepts, Networking concepts, coding and analytical / aptitude questions.

Interview Questions

• questions on Heap and stack. OS memory management- RAM, SWAP etc.
      List 5 most important Linux commands and why are they important?
      Program to print the second largest element in an array.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

typical process with previous phone screening and 1-1 interviews with hiring with HR, hiring manager and colleagues. There were a lot of emails during the process, asking for additional information.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

Two rounds in total.
    1) an online test on codility. 3 problems to solve.
    2) a skype chat with a team member and the hiring manager. Technical + behavioural interview.
    An offer via the HR team after that.

Interview Questions

• very broad range of questions, from the difference from TCP and UDP to list 3 member function of the C++ string class. threads, Scrum ...   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Entire process was well organised and very technical oriented. They were hiring for python developers. First round was telephonic and was asked too many questions other than my work areas. Though it went below par (according to me), I got call for F2F interviews.
    There were 3 more tech rounds. First round was about basics of Java, Python, Programming skills, my experience, work areas etc. I was given with 2-3 sheets of papers that contained questions in Python. And then asked to write a program in Java (on a paper sheet, not coding round).
    Second round was purely Java round. Was asked about Stack, Queues and implementation of those with different conditions.
    Third round was to check my resume. Asked about each and every word in my resume.
    After tech rounds, one managerial and one hr round.
    In managerial, I was asked to write a piece of code to implement threading, stack etc. HR round was normal i.e., why are you leaving your current employer? Etc etc.
    Through out the process, they made me feel comfortable and difficulty was above average.

Interview Questions

• Implementation of thread safe stack, with some memory constraints. (In managerial)   Answer Question
    • Asked about Big and Little Endian, prickling and unprickling, network topology, Reverse a linked list etc (Telephonic)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee in June 2015.

Interview

The interviews were standard and on schedule. The process and paperwork filing before and during the interviews was along process, and at times confusing as HR personnel changed in the middle of this.