McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Email from a coordinator about a month after I applied asking if I was still interested. Face to face interview with one person scheduled for the next week. Interview was enjoyable and informal. Consisted mostly of an explanation of the organization and it goals with some questions peppered in about my resume and how I might address particular issues. Was told that there was several more interviews still in process and they would get back to me. Emailed thank you. Offered additional insight into the position and how I would attack the role. Nothing. Completely ghosted. Multiple casual email attempts were ignored. Never got one ounce of feedback. Since spinning off in April I assume they are only organized on the surface and most of the back-end stuff is still a complete mess. Not even providing a short reply to multiple contact attempts is a pretty good clue as to what it would be like working there at this time in my opinion. Even if they thought I was a complete idiot I am a customer and I have a network. For a sales improvement focused organization that’s not acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Brief summary of background and experience preparing you for this role.   Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2017.

Interview

I had an informal phone interview with a recruiter before having a second formal phone interview. Everyone I spoke with from the company seemed really pleasant. They asked about recent projects and reasons I would make a strong candidate, and they really seemed interested in what I had to share.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on line. The process took 2 months. I received the first call 1 month after have applied on-line.
    4 interviews
    1. Interview with line manager
    2. Director in eeuu
    3. Director in Asia
    4. Sales manager

They were very polite and questions were about my previous experience, expectations and the role itself.

After long time without hear anything, I went in the web site application form and there was a message saying “no selected”. I had to checked in the Intel security web site to see this message because in Mcafee web site the positions it is not updated

No feedback nor email saying somthing afterthat

An advice for HH.RR would be, please give a feedback to the postulants, as we deserve a bit of respect during the process and it is very important to know if the process is ongoing or it is conclude.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your previous experience working with other vendors   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round telephonic round was simple.Basic c# Question and 2nd round system test they will give 1 hour time to complete and it is basic asp.net questions and XML parsing question 3rd manager and 4th technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Basic c#,OOPS, MVC and database questions and few network related Questions   2 Answers

Tier I Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Intel London, 10 minutes interviewed. The aim of the call was to talk through my cv and explain the role. If successful they would call me from Intel security. Following this call I had 2 interviews with Intel security.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a long process. It started with a phone interview with the HR. Then you were placed in contact with the hiring manager via phone. After the hiring manager, you spent 6 hours meeting with 5 different people. This made for a very long day.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult task that you did not complete?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

4 Rounds in total:

1. Telephonic - basic understanding of the work profile
    2. Written - Writing elaborately, and reading a comprehension
    3. F2F - Technical questions
    4. Telephonic - Interviewed by the leads.

First and second rounds were conducted by a team member from Intel Security, Gurgaon. Third round was conducted by the lead technical writer for the team. She was very professional and friendly. First 3 rounds took almost hal day. Fourth round was conducted by two technical leads from Bangalore. They interviewed for around 40 minutes.

They informed that the HR team will contact me soon. Awaiting the response till now.

SDET(Software Development Engineer In Test) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (New Delhi (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 4 rounds.
    First is telephonic, here they ask about test cases and scenario.
    Second round is written. Here they provided me with application description and ask to write functional, non-functional and automation script for that.
    Third round is programming skills. They provide a programming problem and upon providing solution they ask to modify it . then white box testing and code optimisation.
    Fourth round is verbal. here they ask several question regarding Data structure, puzzles, current role and work profile.

Interview Questions

• When stack overflow occur?which variables are stored in heap and stack?Why you want to leave current company?   Answer Question

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through linkedin and got the interview call in 2 days. Then I had a telephonic round with 2 employees of the company. They were very formal to me, and asked basic question as described in JD.
    1. First round was telephonic.
    Basics of python.
    Basics of Django.
    SQL Basics

Interview Questions

• 1. First round was telephonic.
      Basics of python.
      Basics of Django.
      SQL Basics   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

I sat a technical test first; three coding assignments in C#. I was given 45 mins to an hour to do them. A formal interview with a senior tester followed. That also took about 45 mins to an hour.
    I was contacted a week later and asked to do a follow-up interview. That was a telephone interview with the HR person. She asked me typical HR questions.
    A week later I was asked to supply two referees which I did. I was told "I will come back to you as soon as possible." but I was not contacted. An extremely unprofessional and rude organisation. I would never apply for a job with MacAfee again.

Interview Questions

• Why should we give you this job?   1 Answer