McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

240 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied while still part of Intel. After about 2 months contacted by recruiter. Called for an initial screening and then a phone interview with several team members. Phone interview was heavy on standard technical questions. After a week invited to in-person interview to see the building and answer a few more behavioral and technical questions. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a customers inability to connect to the internet?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

this was a typical windows internals and operating systems concepts.
    they asked question on basic programming concepts, link list and tree related stuff but more focus was on windows internals and related stuff. if you have some background in security that will be very good too.

Interview Questions

• paging, memory management, io manager, windows internals related stuff   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2013.

Interview

Met with the manager who described the work and had a very basic test, then met with 3 managers who discussed work flow and work culture. They seemed to favor the computer science degree above anything else.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Telephonic Interview, 5 rounds of Interview Face to Face, HR Interview, Got the offer in 2 weeks , Very Good interview, Programming Test, Selenium WebDriver, Regex,Java, Java Script,Telephonic Interview, 5 rounds of Interview Face to Face, HR Interview, Got the offer in 2 weeks , Very Good interview, Programming Test, Selenium WebDriver, Regex,Java, Java Script

Interview Questions

• Perl Programming Interview, Some Puzzles, Automation Framework   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Email from a coordinator about a month after I applied asking if I was still interested. Face to face interview with one person scheduled for the next week. Interview was enjoyable and informal. Consisted mostly of an explanation of the organization and it goals with some questions peppered in about my resume and how I might address particular issues. Was told that there was several more interviews still in process and they would get back to me. Emailed thank you. Offered additional insight into the position and how I would attack the role. Nothing. Completely ghosted. Multiple casual email attempts were ignored. Never got one ounce of feedback. Since spinning off in April I assume they are only organized on the surface and most of the back-end stuff is still a complete mess. Not even providing a short reply to multiple contact attempts is a pretty good clue as to what it would be like working there at this time in my opinion. Even if they thought I was a complete idiot I am a customer and I have a network. For a sales improvement focused organization that’s not acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Brief summary of background and experience preparing you for this role.   Answer Question

Software Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Three total interview sessions. 1. Interview with hiring Regional Director. 2. Interview with members of the local sales team. 3. Interview with VP Sales. Very standard and common job interview questions. For this particular hiring Director and VP, they were really looking for a candidate that is a team player, a candidate that will leverage McAfee's internal executive resources as well as a candidate that would "fit" into the McAfee culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position to work for McAfee?   Answer Question

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, met with prospective supervisor in person, spoke with senior manager by phone. I think I had the job before speaking with senior manager. He/she wanted to be sure I was the correct fit because it came of their budget.

Interview Questions

• What platforms outside of US do you think we should invest our resources in?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Mumbai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

there was many rounds of which started with technical round containing questions on the technologies, basics, process adhrered earlier to solve technical issues. this followed by questioning personal skills and attitude. final round is HR where the background and references are verified

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2017.

Interview

I had an informal phone interview with a recruiter before having a second formal phone interview. Everyone I spoke with from the company seemed really pleasant. They asked about recent projects and reasons I would make a strong candidate, and they really seemed interested in what I had to share.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on line. The process took 2 months. I received the first call 1 month after have applied on-line.
    4 interviews
    1. Interview with line manager
    2. Director in eeuu
    3. Director in Asia
    4. Sales manager

They were very polite and questions were about my previous experience, expectations and the role itself.

After long time without hear anything, I went in the web site application form and there was a message saying “no selected”. I had to checked in the Intel security web site to see this message because in Mcafee web site the positions it is not updated

No feedback nor email saying somthing afterthat

An advice for HH.RR would be, please give a feedback to the postulants, as we deserve a bit of respect during the process and it is very important to know if the process is ongoing or it is conclude.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your previous experience working with other vendors   Answer Question