McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tier I Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They literally walked me into a dark room with four lights. I wish I were making that up.

The chair they had me sit in was half-broken so I couldn't lean back in it, and the three of them (two junior techs and an older senior tech or shift manager) took turns questioning me and posing extremely vague situations.

One that I remember was "You deploy an update to Windows for 100 workstations over the weekend starting on Friday, Sunday you checked to see how it went and noticed 1 workstation didn't get the patch, what do you do?"

That question had so much information missing that literally all I could say was "without any more information, I'd need to determine what made that one workstation different. Did the user shut it down before they left for the weekend? Did their office lose power? Is that machine even on the Active Directory OU?"

After several such questions they said they needed to step out into the hall to confer and to sit tight.

Another 15 minutes passes and a fourth guy who I'd never seen before walked in, introduced himself by first and last name (but not job title/responsibility, so I had no clue what he did, but evidently he was the final decisionmaker regarding hire/no hire), and then sat down to spend about 30 more minutes finding several different ways to express the importance of being on time.

I was 45 minutes early to the interview, and I'm a veteran. You guys have no idea what on time means. Seriously. :|

And here this guy is treating me, a 29 year old vet with plenty of tech experience, like I'm applying for a job at McDonald's.

Of course I smiled and nodded but inside I was thinking: are you freaking kidding me?

Afterwards, they said they'd be in touch and we shook hands, I thanked them for their time and got the heck out of there.

Interview Questions

• Lots of grilling on individual port numbers and the OSI model. Does anybody remember that stuff by heart without having to consult a reference? Anyone? Bueller?   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online but called for a different postion. But bad experirnce.Two times the hiring manager missed the phone call. and twice rescheduled on site interview at the last minute.

Interview Questions

• Very good Interview. Only questions pertaining to the job .   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took a while to get a responds from my application. Interview questions were strange.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter 2 months after applying. After the HR phone screen, spoke to the hiring manager on the phone and then was invited for a combination of onsite and phone interviews - 4 rounds each 10 days apart. I wish the interview process was more cohesive. After the last interview did not hear back from the recruiter despite emailing several times.

Interview Questions

• What would your co-workers say about you?. How would you evaluate our marketing processes?   Answer Question

Senior UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview

don't remember when I applied to this position. And someday I just receive an email about a phone interview. It's a conmen interview. Asked about my background. When he heard about that I am a new graduate. He just said thank you and hang the phone. And there's no more info heard. I think they want someone more experienced. And obviously I am not that experienced in this field.

Anyway, their attitude was nice. Just don't match.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a reply back from them to schedule a phone screen within a week. The phone screen was very simple, included questions from my resume, followed by behavioral questions, and a couple of technical questions. They were interested in people with prior experience in scripting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to rely on your instincts. How would you describe OOP. What is the difference between a pointer and a primitive data type. What is the difference between an array and a linked list.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying to the position. I completed a technical project and then went onsite for an interview. I met with several McAfee employees while onsite, all of whom had different roles in the organization. In total my time onsite lasted for about 4 or 5 hours.

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
    on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an interview with the recruiter for 30 minutes asking my background, then they brought me in for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• You are given a task to take a lead on a project on the first day of job, how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

12 interviews with management from SE Manager to VP, sales executives, and peers in Sales Engineering, including 15 minutes presentation on product. Initially had phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager. Continues on to phone interviews and in-person. Felt comfortable with most of questions and able to respond successfully. Questions were more personality vs technical.