McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

238 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Contacted by HR. Interview process started with half an hour phone call with Hiring Manager. Invited for 5 round of interview at onsite, including hiring manager. Fairly easy questions but they wanted all of them to be written on paper, which was tedious. There was no technical discussion, just simple programs. Most of the guys were really in different zone, may be not in sync with current market and I would not blame them as that's what happen when you are in the same company for long time :). Finally offer was low compare to the expectation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by programming test and then a one on one interview with four senior members of the team including the hiring manager. Coding fundamentals and common questions about tools used for code management, debugging tools, bug database etc. Programming basics like data structures and algorithms and why one is chosen over the other.

Interview Questions

• c++ programming skills implement stack and queue from scratch   Answer Question

Interview

Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR. Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice   Answer Question

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO).

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by face-to-face interviews. I did not get past the second phone interview so I have no further detail about the rest of the process. Most likely a minimum of 2 face-to-face interviews with 1 to 2 group interviews (4 to 5 : 1 ratio). Many times, one of the group interviews will be with a small group of Executives to see how well the candidate interrelates and presents to Executive Management.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself." (phone interviews can be difficult because 55% of the message can be lost or misconstrued since this percentage of the message is attributed to body language)   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO).

Interview

Online resume was submitted
    There was a Group interview
    One person asked the questions while the rest were silent observers

The person who was asking the questions seemed to showcase his knowledge rather focus on the candidate

The questions were easy for persons who are knowledgeable in Unix and perl

Interview Questions

• Technical questions
      Asked about automation and tool sets
      Knowledge of scripting- perl, Python etc   1 Answer

Unstable environment

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Phone interview + face-to-face interview. Nothing too tricky. Search google for software interview questions. Meet with the director for some communication software, then a senior software engineer for some basic technical questions. Then meet with a test software manager for some more communication questions. (The hiring manager was on vacation at that time)

Cloud Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through the company website and got a call in approximately 2 weeks. The first round was a telephonic interview which mainly concentrated on my previous projects. All the questions were related to academic projects and previous work projects. The second round was a technical interview on C/C++ programming language. All standard questions of which most of them are available in glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• All important concepts in C++ like exception handling, auto pointer, virtual functions   Answer Question

Mobile Malware Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2015.

Interview

The hr set up a phone interview. Just one 30-minutes phone interview with the group manager. Ask about the background and related research and project experience with mobile platform, malware analysis and machine learning techniques.

Interview Questions

• Past experience and some questions from projects on the resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team.
    Overall the interview experience was horrible.
    The interview was about 30 mins.
    The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio.
    Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place?
    Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before?
      Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10.
      All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, in-person interview with three members of the comms team. Turnaround was relatively quick, and they didn't throw any strange curveballs during any of the interviews. There was a keen focus on personal development and self-reflection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced difficulties while working in a group setting.   Answer Question