McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was very lengthy. It took a while and had a lot of interviews from so many different people. Luckily I wasn't looking or shopping around - otherwise I would have not waited so long for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a colleague that you couldn't get along with (Personally)?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I know they interviewed so many people for the Inside Sales position. Since it was a technical company, they were looking for people with a technical degree. Although I did not have a tech degree, they realized my passion for sales. I was pleased to know that they did not automatically dismiss me as "un-fit" for the position. It was one of the best organizations I had the pleasure of working for.

Interview Questions

• Why they should hire me over all the other people with IT experience/schooling.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took only one day of negotiations to create the perfect hire packet for myself.

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)).

Interview

I was selected through campus placement program. there was a written test conducted by e-litmus. Interviews were in 3 rounds 1st was 1on1 technical, 2nd was a panel interview with technical and few HR questions. 3rd was a pure HR round.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

First round Technical F2F lasted for 40mins, 70% questions from SQL and 30% based on technical scenario and next round is fully based on scenarios. Real time scenarios will be given to you and they will be asked how you'll handle that.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

I sat a technical test first; three coding assignments in C#. I was given 45 mins to an hour to do them. A formal interview with a senior tester followed. That also took about 45 mins to an hour.
    I was contacted a week later and asked to do a follow-up interview. That was a telephone interview with the HR person. She asked me typical HR questions.
    A week later I was asked to supply two referees which I did. I was told "I will come back to you as soon as possible." but I was not contacted. An extremely unprofessional and rude organisation. I would never apply for a job with MacAfee again.

Interview Questions

• Why should we give you this job?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying to the position. I completed a technical project and then went onsite for an interview. I met with several McAfee employees while onsite, all of whom had different roles in the organization. In total my time onsite lasted for about 4 or 5 hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee in November 2015.

Interview

Initially got a call and told they were interested in profile and I was asked to come to F2F the next morning. It started with a F2F technical round which lasted for about 45 mins. The technical questions asked were related to the skill set interviewed for and was mainly scenario based and performance improvement based. 2nd Round was the coding round where I was given 5 problem statement and was asked to implement the solution. this round took about 1.5 hrs and the 3rd round was again the technical F2F round which lasted for another 45/meeting mins. That was it for the day and there was another F2F discussion after 5 days and this was just the project briefings and expectation settings. After this was the HR discussion which went on for about .5 hours. The offer letter was released after a weeks time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary offered is not in par to the market standards. They offer only 20% hike to the lateral entry with 7+ experience. You can negotiate further to 30% hike or may be more also...

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The process included a telephonic round followed by 3 technical F2F rounds and a telephonic discussion with Manager and HR.
    Telephonic round was a screening round on basics of Java, javascript, SQL. First technical round included questions on problem solving skills, number of approaches to solve the problem, solution optimization and details of Java language.

Second technical round was completely on data structures. Third round was around details of your past projects, your understanding of all the technologies mentioned on your resume and a coding problem.

Interview Questions

• Write the code for a problem and write as many unit test cases as possible.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

You meet with the group manager and several engineers. For my interview, they cycle thru the interviewers one person at a time. Each interviewer asks you their favorite interview questions.

There is usually a programming test given before the interviews start so that the interviewers have a chance to see how you did.

In my opinion, many of the interviewers' questions were the typical theoretical challenge questions that really don't evaluate how well you'll do in real life. In real life, one researches information related to the question, evaluates what you find, often meshes various pieces of information to arrive at the "best" answer, applies a "make or buy" decision, and then implements the solution. The standard argument for the challenge questions is that they show how you think; and that is a valid goal. So I guess we just have to live with those types of interview questions.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

One round of long telephonic technical interview to grasp the skills processed
    Second round of 1:1 Technical interview for 1 hour with more technical and analytical questions and check for the overall commitment level.
    Third round of interview with the Development Manager on the type of work and the type of candidate they are expecting

Interview Questions

• All about Windows Installer Internals, C++ programming, Installshield   Answer Question