McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

Interview process was very lenghty and done by many people both on the phone and in person. Interviews were handled very professionaly and technical oriented. Interviews were held on time as agreed by persons interviewing. HR took a little longer than average to complete the hiring process but they were very friendly and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain what a database is to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Usual QA questions lasting several rounds

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kfar Saba (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Kfar Saba (Israel)).

Interview

At the time of the interview, there were 2 open positions. A software development position and a security research position. I couldn't decide which of them I wanted more, so I applied to both of them, which caused an increase of the number of interviews.
    All interviewers were professional and didn't try to make the interview too technical, which I liked

Principal Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Team lead round
    2. Hands on coding test
    3. Manager round
    4. Group manager round
    5 HR round (final)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was positive for me

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was called for a on site interview, where 3 ppl interviewed me. They mainly asked about my last job and work experience and C technical questions

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected Question. All the questions were related to 'C' language and asked to write programs in 'C' like itoa, malloc etc   Answer Question

Interview

Difficult and 5 rounds
    Basic concepts
    1. Written Test:- 30 questions from verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning +20 aptitude Questions ,It was the toughest paper,like eltmus questation .
    The written test had 50 questions and were given 1 hour to solve it.
    Today cutoff is 28 questions.
    2.my technical interview was for approx 110 to 120 minutes duration( Blackboard Presentation on code + Questions on computer communication network+memory mangement questaton+questaton from open the file close the file+basic java+3 puzzles questons+alogrithm of data structure)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATION

Program Manager Interview

Interview

2 level interviews done. I am still waiting for next levels if they select me from the first two interviews. The interviewers were very good and friendly. The questions were a mix of technical and managerial.

Interview Questions

• Questions were good for the position I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Interview

Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR. Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee in May 2016.

Interview

Met with manager and supervisor. Talked about my experience and what I could bring to the company. Interview lasted nearly an hour between them two. Campus is very nice and has many perks like in house cafeteria and buying gadgets. Casual work environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long wait on background check.. They made an offer lower than I expected.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview

Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far.
    It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Questions

• Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question