McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

246 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, in-person interview with three members of the comms team. Turnaround was relatively quick, and they didn't throw any strange curveballs during any of the interviews. There was a keen focus on personal development and self-reflection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced difficulties while working in a group setting.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I have received a call from HR and she set up a call from Hiring Manager. It was 30 minutes interview during which he asked most of the question from my resume, some sql questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

One Phone interview and In Person Interview. Questions were asked mostly from your resume and few behavioral questions. The phone interview was basic. In Person interview will be one on one or panel. Be thorough in what you have in your resume and should be able to exhibit team spirit and pro activeness.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

1 hour telephonic interview. This was for automation testing. Question on CSS, HTML and JavaScript.
    What is ReST ?
    Difference between PUT and POST.
    When we use POST and when we should use PUT.
    Syntax to change style of element through javascript code.
    Python: How do you run python code.
                  How do you define a function
    Questions on academic project work

Interview Questions

• Even after explaining the difference interviewer asked me when do you use PUT and when do you use POST.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and did a phone screen. I did not get any feedback until 4 weeks later where he contacted me and wanted to bring me for interview with the team. The first round was scheduled for 5 interviewers but only 4 turn up. The interview question was simple and I did not get any feedback from the recruiter. After 3 weeks, he emailed and he wanted to bring me for another round of interview with the hiring manager and 2 other team members. They have bad track record where the interviewer did not turn up and they promised to arrange for phone interview so I don't have to come back to in-person interview. The interview was straight forward product management questions and each sessions was for 45 mins long. I did not hear anything for 2 months after the 2nd interview session. No email or call to update on the status.

Interview Questions

• Which product you manage and why you feel so proud of it? Standard PM question.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

Received an initial call from a recruiter against my application, but the recruiter had the wrong position in front of him at first. Once that was clarified, he said the hiring manager was really interested in my resume. He set-up a phone screen which went well, and then he set up four further phone screens with other managers for a total of five interviews. All of these went well, but then I heard nothing back at all. I sent an inquiry email to the recruiter about three weeks later—heard nothing. I sent another one a couple of months later and heard nothing back again. Because the recruiter scheduled two of the phone screens incorrectly and had trouble with time zones, I'm guessing he lost track of me at some point. To not hear anything after two pleasant notes, however, is just rude and there's no other word for it, especially after taking the time to do five phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where two different groups needed your work but you had limited resources and you couldn't satisfy both?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Idaho Falls, ID) in December 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager that was hiring interns and he brought an engineer on the team with him. The engineer was a recent grad, so it was a little less stressful than another experienced engineer. They both made the environment relaxed, but I could tell that they were sharp guys. The questions they asked were fair and not crazy. Afterwards they showed me around the office and gave me a free drink.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming problem: Create a function that takes in a string and reverses it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

Worked directly with the HR manager and it was a very smooth process. There were three interviews scheduled via email. The first interview was a screening call with the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Discussed the technical details of the largest cybercrime events in recent history.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I was friends with someone who knew I was looking to get my foot in the door in regards to a "corporate" environment, for lack of a better term. She knew someone who was looking for an entry-level type role, one of which would allow for progress, given I met their expectations.

Interview Questions

• As this was my first "business" interview, everything seemed unexpected! My interviewers made a point to not only emphasize the work ethic and culture, but also to try to get an idea of my personality to help see if I aligned with the businesses' outlook.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was lucky to receive an amazing benefits package, along with a great starting salary.

Software Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

No reimburse, Drive myself from LA to SF around 5hour. I leaved early 3am to arrive 9:30 interview. Most of interview process is good and kind people, but manager interview was very awful experience. The manager asked very personal questions about working legal eligibility.