McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.1

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2011.

Interview

Horrible

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

They were very quick and hurried, I meet in person with 6 people one on one. Each person had 30 minuets to interview me. Four of the interviewers ask the exact same questions so I believe there was no communication or plan around their process. Two interviewers admitted to not reading my resume before the interview.

Interview Questions

At no point was I given time to ask interviewers questions, I had nothing to go on.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

HR call followed by onsite. First HR called me and she completly forgot to send invite. It seems she remebered after 2 days and sent an invite around 10 pm for the interview scheduled next day early morning. Anyways I reached there and met there with tech lead. Beyond my imagination, mr tech lead was not bothered about on interview ethics. He just gave me two coding issues and got busy on his cell phone gossip. Mr tech lead was more worried for his daily stand up meeting. I felt like leaving the room but somehow could stay there. It was most unproffesional interview i ever faced. I am happy that they did not call me further.

Interview Questions

• Linked list addition and dictionary impl from the scratch   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team.
    Overall the interview experience was horrible.
    The interview was about 30 mins.
    The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio.
    Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place?
    Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before?
      Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10.
      All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.
      Answer Question

UI Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through staffing firm, first round was F2F, some basics javascript questions and after I was asked to take a quiz of 20 questions and a js coding test which was again basics of javascript/css/html. After these tests interviewer told me that I would receive a call from HR if shortlisted.

There is no call from Intel yet! I think I actually wasted 1 day for this interview. They should have at-least informed the status as a courtesy.

The questions were way too easy for an UI architect with 12 years in the same field.

Interview Questions

• How you create object in JS
      How you create array in JS
      Few very basics questions about css too.
      1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a reply back from them to schedule a phone screen within a week. The phone screen was very simple, included questions from my resume, followed by behavioral questions, and a couple of technical questions. They were interested in people with prior experience in scripting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to rely on your instincts. How would you describe OOP. What is the difference between a pointer and a primitive data type. What is the difference between an array and a linked list.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2008.

Interview

People were very fireindly and cordial. I was tested for my soft skills. I was able to related to the issues and address the concerns

Interview Questions

• How do you contain scope of your project   Answer Question
    • How do you commuincate and get work done by cross funtional teams on whom yu dont have line authority   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Easy questions about basic OS commands.

Interview Questions

• Command syntax of Unix commands, and exact system file locations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Interview

The company contacted me regarding a position. All communications were very responsive and detailed. Very thorough and professional interview process. Great recruiting staff and hiring manager was well versed in interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• Provide three reasons why subordinates like working with you.   1 Answer

Family did not want to relocate.

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

I was structured interview. Only 1 interview with normal puzzles and Data Structures question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation