McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Contacted by HR. Interview process started with half an hour phone call with Hiring Manager. Invited for 5 round of interview at onsite, including hiring manager. Fairly easy questions but they wanted all of them to be written on paper, which was tedious. There was no technical discussion, just simple programs. Most of the guys were really in different zone, may be not in sync with current market and I would not blame them as that's what happen when you are in the same company for long time :). Finally offer was low compare to the expectation.

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)).

Interview

I was selected through campus placement program. there was a written test conducted by e-litmus. Interviews were in 3 rounds 1st was 1on1 technical, 2nd was a panel interview with technical and few HR questions. 3rd was a pure HR round.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

4 Rounds in total:

1. Telephonic - basic understanding of the work profile
    2. Written - Writing elaborately, and reading a comprehension
    3. F2F - Technical questions
    4. Telephonic - Interviewed by the leads.

First and second rounds were conducted by a team member from Intel Security, Gurgaon. Third round was conducted by the lead technical writer for the team. She was very professional and friendly. First 3 rounds took almost hal day. Fourth round was conducted by two technical leads from Bangalore. They interviewed for around 40 minutes.

They informed that the HR team will contact me soon. Awaiting the response till now.

End Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Mexico City (Mexico)) in December 2012.

Interview

Average interview, with my old manager and his manager, so when I talk with the regional manager for Americas, was litle nervious...but both are kind with me asking about my skills, aspirations and if I married, just to know who am I

Interview Questions

• they asked about a security certification, if I have an Comptia security cert, wich in that moment I dont have but they gave the confidence to get one in the near future   Answer Question

SDET(Software Development Engineer In Test) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (New Delhi (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 4 rounds.
    First is telephonic, here they ask about test cases and scenario.
    Second round is written. Here they provided me with application description and ask to write functional, non-functional and automation script for that.
    Third round is programming skills. They provide a programming problem and upon providing solution they ask to modify it . then white box testing and code optimisation.
    Fourth round is verbal. here they ask several question regarding Data structure, puzzles, current role and work profile.

Interview Questions

• When stack overflow occur?which variables are stored in heap and stack?Why you want to leave current company?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

First round Technical F2F lasted for 40mins, 70% questions from SQL and 30% based on technical scenario and next round is fully based on scenarios. Real time scenarios will be given to you and they will be asked how you'll handle that.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questuions fromTriggers, Views, T-SQL, DML   Answer Question

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through linkedin and got the interview call in 2 days. Then I had a telephonic round with 2 employees of the company. They were very formal to me, and asked basic question as described in JD.
    1. First round was telephonic.
    Basics of python.
    Basics of Django.
    SQL Basics

Interview Questions

• 1. First round was telephonic.
      Basics of python.
      Basics of Django.
      SQL Basics
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

I sat a technical test first; three coding assignments in C#. I was given 45 mins to an hour to do them. A formal interview with a senior tester followed. That also took about 45 mins to an hour.
    I was contacted a week later and asked to do a follow-up interview. That was a telephone interview with the HR person. She asked me typical HR questions.
    A week later I was asked to supply two referees which I did. I was told "I will come back to you as soon as possible." but I was not contacted. An extremely unprofessional and rude organisation. I would never apply for a job with MacAfee again.

Interview Questions

• Why should we give you this job?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying to the position. I completed a technical project and then went onsite for an interview. I met with several McAfee employees while onsite, all of whom had different roles in the organization. In total my time onsite lasted for about 4 or 5 hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee in November 2015.

Interview

Initially got a call and told they were interested in profile and I was asked to come to F2F the next morning. It started with a F2F technical round which lasted for about 45 mins. The technical questions asked were related to the skill set interviewed for and was mainly scenario based and performance improvement based. 2nd Round was the coding round where I was given 5 problem statement and was asked to implement the solution. this round took about 1.5 hrs and the 3rd round was again the technical F2F round which lasted for another 45/meeting mins. That was it for the day and there was another F2F discussion after 5 days and this was just the project briefings and expectation settings. After this was the HR discussion which went on for about .5 hours. The offer letter was released after a weeks time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary offered is not in par to the market standards. They offer only 20% hike to the lateral entry with 7+ experience. You can negotiate further to 30% hike or may be more also...