McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.1

Engineering Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I had to take an online test on hackerrank where I scored about 80%, I was then invited to an phone interview which was about 20 minutes long and fairy technical. After the phone interview they invited me to Aylesbury for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Does Java pass variables by reference or by value?   Answer Question
    • Why would we use Java for a task and why would we use Python?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round telephonic round was simple.Basic c# Question and 2nd round system test they will give 1 hour time to complete and it is basic asp.net questions and XML parsing question 3rd manager and 4th technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Basic c#,OOPS, MVC and database questions and few network related Questions   2 Answers

Software Development Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Got an email from the hiring manager for a telephonic interview. In the interview I was asked some personal and technical questions. Got good feedback and he said he will schedule a webex session for some hands on coding. It went well and he mentioned HR will contact you. But then all mess. They were not offering me the best package and although I accepted it they even changed the role from Lead to a junior position. I denied and mentioned if I would have known this earlier I would have never applied.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY).

Interview

recruited pinged me on LinkedIn and then have a Phone interview from hiring manager, lastly did an onsite interview. The whole process lasts for 4 weeks. Nothing fancy just like a normal IT company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• Some basic algorithms questions and fundamental CS questions   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

A phone interview then 3 rounds of hard core technical rounds. phone interview was above average but the following 3 tech rounds were mostly focused on DS and Algo, networking and Operating systems. The interviewer was excellent when describing the question and very patient while listening to the answers.

Interview Questions

• Implement of abstract factory method patterns with real world scenario   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone interview followed by an interview in Aylesbury at McAfee. This consisted of a programming test, technical interview and interviews with the teams I was applying to. The interview took most of the day but was worth it as I was able to meet each team and find where I would be a best fit.

Tier I Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Intel London, 10 minutes interviewed. The aim of the call was to talk through my cv and explain the role. If successful they would call me from Intel security. Following this call I had 2 interviews with Intel security.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2016.

Interview

First i had the telephonic interview with the HR and after 2 weeks a technical phone interview after 1 and half month i had the telephonic interview with the Recruiting Manager and still waiting for the results.
    Technical Round, you need to prepare well, not so tough though.
    Everybody i spoke to was kind, Hope i get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an overview of your resume, education and work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took too long but everybody was kind

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a long process. It started with a phone interview with the HR. Then you were placed in contact with the hiring manager via phone. After the hiring manager, you spent 6 hours meeting with 5 different people. This made for a very long day.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult task that you did not complete?   Answer Question

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruiter email after applying directly to job, single interview character type questions and a few job interview brain teasers mostly to see how you think. Very few technical questions. Only technical question was what is the fastest way to sort a list.

Interview Questions

• If you were reduced in size and stuck in a blender, what would you do?   Answer Question