McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

3.1

Tier I Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They literally walked me into a dark room with four lights. I wish I were making that up.

The chair they had me sit in was half-broken so I couldn't lean back in it, and the three of them (two junior techs and an older senior tech or shift manager) took turns questioning me and posing extremely vague situations.

One that I remember was "You deploy an update to Windows for 100 workstations over the weekend starting on Friday, Sunday you checked to see how it went and noticed 1 workstation didn't get the patch, what do you do?"

That question had so much information missing that literally all I could say was "without any more information, I'd need to determine what made that one workstation different. Did the user shut it down before they left for the weekend? Did their office lose power? Is that machine even on the Active Directory OU?"

After several such questions they said they needed to step out into the hall to confer and to sit tight.

Another 15 minutes passes and a fourth guy who I'd never seen before walked in, introduced himself by first and last name (but not job title/responsibility, so I had no clue what he did, but evidently he was the final decisionmaker regarding hire/no hire), and then sat down to spend about 30 more minutes finding several different ways to express the importance of being on time.

I was 45 minutes early to the interview, and I'm a veteran. You guys have no idea what on time means. Seriously. :|

And here this guy is treating me, a 29 year old vet with plenty of tech experience, like I'm applying for a job at McDonald's.

Of course I smiled and nodded but inside I was thinking: are you freaking kidding me?

Afterwards, they said they'd be in touch and we shook hands, I thanked them for their time and got the heck out of there.

Interview Questions

• Lots of grilling on individual port numbers and the OSI model. Does anybody remember that stuff by heart without having to consult a reference? Anyone? Bueller?   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online but called for a different postion. But bad experirnce.Two times the hiring manager missed the phone call. and twice rescheduled on site interview at the last minute.

Interview Questions

• Very good Interview. Only questions pertaining to the job .   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was very lengthy. It took a while and had a lot of interviews from so many different people. Luckily I wasn't looking or shopping around - otherwise I would have not waited so long for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a colleague that you couldn't get along with (Personally)?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

Recruiter submitted, met with VP and Director separately discussed expectations. An offer was made within 3 business days.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with firing people.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was called for a on site interview, where 3 ppl interviewed me. They mainly asked about my last job and work experience and C technical questions

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected Question. All the questions were related to 'C' language and asked to write programs in 'C' like itoa, malloc etc   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took a while to get a responds from my application. Interview questions were strange.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Interview

Great! Streamlined! Fast! This is much improved, as I saw as a re-tread, from the early hiring process. I see the introduction of this process as a positive aspect.

Interview Questions

• Can I do the job? Interesting how it made me rethink my abilities and how I can do the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, but added some time to the transition

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter 2 months after applying. After the HR phone screen, spoke to the hiring manager on the phone and then was invited for a combination of onsite and phone interviews - 4 rounds each 10 days apart. I wish the interview process was more cohesive. After the last interview did not hear back from the recruiter despite emailing several times.

Interview Questions

• What would your co-workers say about you?. How would you evaluate our marketing processes?   Answer Question

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with team member, Interviewed with hiring mgr, interviewed with 3 peers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two round phone interview, first manager and then team member interview.

Interview Questions

• Manager interview is about background experience of education, project experience details, and language preference. Team member interview is about basic technical questions. Algorithms of Mathematical problem of get series of numbers from number a to number b, SQL basic problem of outer join and inner join, balanced binary search tree and binary search tree problem.   Answer Question