McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

The team wasn't very clear on the requirements of the position. Although they had a job description, when interviewing they described the tasks and goals of the position in a way that the market is not measuring them. At least not at the cutting edge of the profession, which is something they advertised they needed, but not really inquiring about. Instead, they focused on abilities that were key 10 years ago in the field of procurement, but not in this day and time. Namely, they were trying to get a top-bottom approach to improving the strategic sourcing process, but the people at the top were not really familiar with the concept, and the people in the trenches were vastly under-qualified for the job they were supposed to be doing. The company was trying to get someone to train the fron-line team and create a solid set of performers from a team that in my mind wasn't really ready for such a massive corporate overhaul.

Interview Questions

• Do you live close to office?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee (Mysore (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

First round was technical-aptitude test organised by e-litmus. then 2 rounds of technical interview was held followed by one HR round. first technical, they asked to produce all possible anagrams of a string, balance puzzle, few ques related to dbms and normalizaton.

Interview Questions

• 2nd technical round: was asked to give the design for building an application similar to notepad   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on line. The process took 2 months. I received the first call 1 month after have applied on-line.
    4 interviews
    1. Interview with line manager
    2. Director in eeuu
    3. Director in Asia
    4. Sales manager

They were very polite and questions were about my previous experience, expectations and the role itself.

After long time without hear anything, I went in the web site application form and there was a message saying “no selected”. I had to checked in the Intel security web site to see this message because in Mcafee web site the positions it is not updated

No feedback nor email saying somthing afterthat

An advice for HH.RR would be, please give a feedback to the postulants, as we deserve a bit of respect during the process and it is very important to know if the process is ongoing or it is conclude.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your previous experience working with other vendors   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round telephonic round was simple.Basic c# Question and 2nd round system test they will give 1 hour time to complete and it is basic asp.net questions and XML parsing question 3rd manager and 4th technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Basic c#,OOPS, MVC and database questions and few network related Questions   2 Answers

Tier I Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Intel London, 10 minutes interviewed. The aim of the call was to talk through my cv and explain the role. If successful they would call me from Intel security. Following this call I had 2 interviews with Intel security.

SDET(Software Development Engineer In Test) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (New Delhi (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 4 rounds.
    First is telephonic, here they ask about test cases and scenario.
    Second round is written. Here they provided me with application description and ask to write functional, non-functional and automation script for that.
    Third round is programming skills. They provide a programming problem and upon providing solution they ask to modify it . then white box testing and code optimisation.
    Fourth round is verbal. here they ask several question regarding Data structure, puzzles, current role and work profile.

Interview Questions

• When stack overflow occur?which variables are stored in heap and stack?Why you want to leave current company?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

4 Rounds in total:

1. Telephonic - basic understanding of the work profile
    2. Written - Writing elaborately, and reading a comprehension
    3. F2F - Technical questions
    4. Telephonic - Interviewed by the leads.

First and second rounds were conducted by a team member from Intel Security, Gurgaon. Third round was conducted by the lead technical writer for the team. She was very professional and friendly. First 3 rounds took almost hal day. Fourth round was conducted by two technical leads from Bangalore. They interviewed for around 40 minutes.

They informed that the HR team will contact me soon. Awaiting the response till now.

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through linkedin and got the interview call in 2 days. Then I had a telephonic round with 2 employees of the company. They were very formal to me, and asked basic question as described in JD.
    1. First round was telephonic.
    Basics of python.
    Basics of Django.
    SQL Basics

Interview Questions

• 1. First round was telephonic.
      Basics of python.
      Basics of Django.
      SQL Basics   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

I sat a technical test first; three coding assignments in C#. I was given 45 mins to an hour to do them. A formal interview with a senior tester followed. That also took about 45 mins to an hour.
    I was contacted a week later and asked to do a follow-up interview. That was a telephone interview with the HR person. She asked me typical HR questions.
    A week later I was asked to supply two referees which I did. I was told "I will come back to you as soon as possible." but I was not contacted. An extremely unprofessional and rude organisation. I would never apply for a job with MacAfee again.

Interview Questions

• Why should we give you this job?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was disappointed with their interview process.
    lack of professionalism in interviewers.

I received a call from McAfee HR for an interview. I appeared for interview at Intel office in EGL Bengaluru campus.
    I had to wait for 30 minutes till for someone to come and accommodate me for interview process.
    Finally after 30 minutes two people came and took me to an interview room.
    They did not introduce themselves to me and directly started with interview.
    Initially i was under impression that they are local site facility people to show the interview room for candidates but later i found that they are going to take my interview.

One of the interviewer was full of attitude and was trying to insult me on each and every question.
    They started interview from MSS in TCP/IP and ended the interview with ARP.

At the end of each answer from my end both of these people were looking at each other and then smile. I was feeling humiliated.

They are not technically well versed in networking concept as well because the interviewer was arguing that he can ping a private IP of any computer located in LAN from internet with out any VPN of leased line connection. He also said that he can ping google's private IP address, when i tried to explain him that when you ping google.com it is google's public IP not private IP he was full of attitude.

In the end i told those people that i don't like there attitude and would like to stop the interview.
    I took my resume and left the company.

This was a job opportunity in my own domain but due to their behavior i feel humiliated and will not recommend this company to anyone in future.

Interview Questions

• If there is a latency in internet connection from your router then what would you adjust in TCP/IP header to resolve the problem?   1 Answer
    • Explain the process of ping from one private network to another private network when they are connected on internet (show arp process)   1 Answer