McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2018

259 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I was friends with someone who knew I was looking to get my foot in the door in regards to a "corporate" environment, for lack of a better term. She knew someone who was looking for an entry-level type role, one of which would allow for progress, given I met their expectations.

Interview Questions

• As this was my first "business" interview, everything seemed unexpected! My interviewers made a point to not only emphasize the work ethic and culture, but also to try to get an idea of my personality to help see if I aligned with the businesses' outlook.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was lucky to receive an amazing benefits package, along with a great starting salary.

Software Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

No reimburse, Drive myself from LA to SF around 5hour. I leaved early 3am to arrive 9:30 interview. Most of interview process is good and kind people, but manager interview was very awful experience. The manager asked very personal questions about working legal eligibility.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I started as a consultant and was brought on full time shortly after. Initial interview was a phone interview for the consultant role. Sr. Financial Analyst position interview was very informal since I was already on the team.

Interview Questions

• Specifics regarding technical background   1 Answer

Tier I Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They literally walked me into a dark room with four lights. I wish I were making that up.

The chair they had me sit in was half-broken so I couldn't lean back in it, and the three of them (two junior techs and an older senior tech or shift manager) took turns questioning me and posing extremely vague situations.

One that I remember was "You deploy an update to Windows for 100 workstations over the weekend starting on Friday, Sunday you checked to see how it went and noticed 1 workstation didn't get the patch, what do you do?"

That question had so much information missing that literally all I could say was "without any more information, I'd need to determine what made that one workstation different. Did the user shut it down before they left for the weekend? Did their office lose power? Is that machine even on the Active Directory OU?"

After several such questions they said they needed to step out into the hall to confer and to sit tight.

Another 15 minutes passes and a fourth guy who I'd never seen before walked in, introduced himself by first and last name (but not job title/responsibility, so I had no clue what he did, but evidently he was the final decisionmaker regarding hire/no hire), and then sat down to spend about 30 more minutes finding several different ways to express the importance of being on time.

I was 45 minutes early to the interview, and I'm a veteran. You guys have no idea what on time means. Seriously. :|

And here this guy is treating me, a 29 year old vet with plenty of tech experience, like I'm applying for a job at McDonald's.

Of course I smiled and nodded but inside I was thinking: are you freaking kidding me?

Afterwards, they said they'd be in touch and we shook hands, I thanked them for their time and got the heck out of there.

Interview Questions

• Lots of grilling on individual port numbers and the OSI model. Does anybody remember that stuff by heart without having to consult a reference? Anyone? Bueller?   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online but called for a different postion. But bad experirnce.Two times the hiring manager missed the phone call. and twice rescheduled on site interview at the last minute.

Interview Questions

• Very good Interview. Only questions pertaining to the job .   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was very lengthy. It took a while and had a lot of interviews from so many different people. Luckily I wasn't looking or shopping around - otherwise I would have not waited so long for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a colleague that you couldn't get along with (Personally)?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

Recruiter submitted, met with VP and Director separately discussed expectations. An offer was made within 3 business days.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with firing people.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was called for a on site interview, where 3 ppl interviewed me. They mainly asked about my last job and work experience and C technical questions

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected Question. All the questions were related to 'C' language and asked to write programs in 'C' like itoa, malloc etc   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took a while to get a responds from my application. Interview questions were strange.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Interview

Great! Streamlined! Fast! This is much improved, as I saw as a re-tread, from the early hiring process. I see the introduction of this process as a positive aspect.

Interview Questions

• Can I do the job? Interesting how it made me rethink my abilities and how I can do the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, but added some time to the transition