McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

I've applied online and it took them about 2 weeks to reply.

- It starts with a 20 minute HR Interview which includes some simple technical questions about linked lists, pointers, algorithms etc..

- If you pass that, you get invited to the main office, the interview was 2 hours long which included a QA test, programming test, whiteboard testing and 2 interviews, one technical and the other was a biographical interview.

Overall it was quite a tough experience, and they do give you feedback after a week.

Interview Questions

• Compare Java to C++, and explain why would you choose to one instead of the other. There was also some questions about concurrency   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

Interview

interview process was good first was technical round fllowed by interview process. difficult questions
    question were on c/c++, sql .phython. be prepared toughness. mcafee is tough to crack. i think it will be helpful

Tier I Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They literally walked me into a dark room with four lights. I wish I were making that up.

The chair they had me sit in was half-broken so I couldn't lean back in it, and the three of them (two junior techs and an older senior tech or shift manager) took turns questioning me and posing extremely vague situations.

One that I remember was "You deploy an update to Windows for 100 workstations over the weekend starting on Friday, Sunday you checked to see how it went and noticed 1 workstation didn't get the patch, what do you do?"

That question had so much information missing that literally all I could say was "without any more information, I'd need to determine what made that one workstation different. Did the user shut it down before they left for the weekend? Did their office lose power? Is that machine even on the Active Directory OU?"

After several such questions they said they needed to step out into the hall to confer and to sit tight.

Another 15 minutes passes and a fourth guy who I'd never seen before walked in, introduced himself by first and last name (but not job title/responsibility, so I had no clue what he did, but evidently he was the final decisionmaker regarding hire/no hire), and then sat down to spend about 30 more minutes finding several different ways to express the importance of being on time.

I was 45 minutes early to the interview, and I'm a veteran. You guys have no idea what on time means. Seriously. :|

And here this guy is treating me, a 29 year old vet with plenty of tech experience, like I'm applying for a job at McDonald's.

Of course I smiled and nodded but inside I was thinking: are you freaking kidding me?

Afterwards, they said they'd be in touch and we shook hands, I thanked them for their time and got the heck out of there.

Interview Questions

• Lots of grilling on individual port numbers and the OSI model. Does anybody remember that stuff by heart without having to consult a reference? Anyone? Bueller?   2 Answers

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Process was long and painful, stops and starts, which took about 2 months. After initial phone interview, went back 3 times to meet with numerous individuals. One interview cancelled the morning of but I still had to meet with another individual so consequently had to return another time.

Interview Questions

• How will you make an impact in your first 90 days. Good question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short as they raised the salary req based on my experience from what they had originally stated

Lead Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in January 2013.

Interview

3 Interviews including final panel presentation

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for McAfee   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

Ones you get the job they have a very long process before to give you the job contract.
    HR is not totally crystal during this process and especially to describing the rule.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

You apply through the website and will eventually work with an in-house recruiter. There's going to be a written test of your skills, followed up by lunch with some managers or senior staff, and followed up with meeting some team members. The process is designed to determine whether you can do the job, and later whether you're someone the team would want to work with. No crazy trick questions, although someone might quiz you about something related to work when they get their chance to talk to you.

Your day-long interview process might end early if you're not making sufficient progress at each of the items on the agenda mentioned above. If you pass, then you'll eventually work through the recruiter as you navigate the process of background checking and other forms to fill out. Not much different than most technical jobs.

Interview Questions

• A simple algebra question. Turned out not to be extremely important, but threw me off because I had been preparing for programming questions only.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I compared numbers on Glassdoor and saw that the offer was reasonable. Plus they had great benefits like bonuses, so I didn't negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2010.

Interview

Three interviews and a short writing test. Took about 3 hours. People were nice. They wanted to know what my questions were. I wish I had come with more questions prepared.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of telecon followed by one 3 hour online test followed by 3 more interviews. HR offer was just a formality. I was impressed with Sr folks out there they were approchable and mingled well.
    Two rounds are 45 minutes over a phone, and each round is almost elimination round.

Interview Questions

• Coding a variant of trie and iterating in a zig zaw fashion.   Answer Question

Loved MCafee people and was sure will not be able to stay put for more than a year do thought of waiting for sometime and so joined another firm. I am firm in returning to them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question