McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

3.1

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++
    F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++.
    1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions.
    Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture.
    Phone HR - Offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

What a joke, the "sales manager" who interviewed me was a complete moron. They must have googled for obscure interview questions and had no idea what they were asking me for because I asked them to clarify some of thier questions and they stared at me blankly... Sell me this pencil? Really? 1985 called and they want their interviewing tactics back. Offer received and offer declined. No thanks... I wasn't a fan of thier office layout anyway, terrible cube/pod layout. No privacy or professionalism there and the pay package wasn't competitive.

Interview Questions

Dumb managers, bad interviewing skills, terrible work place environment.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in June 2012.

Interview

I've submitted my application to their web site. After some time (2 months) I've been contacted by their HR and after their screening I've got a phone interview.

The interview was conducted by a couple of their engineers. Basically, they were walking through the list of skills in my resume, checking my knowledge on each of these topics. These questions were not hard, but rather easy.

For design patterns, they asked about Singleton.
    For STL, they asked how STL is implemented.
    When it comes to multithreading, questions were about problems regarding race conditions.
    Other questions were about length of IP address and MAC address.
    The final question was about what happens when someone visit some web address and how server redirects web browser.

Interview Questions

• How STL containers are implemented ?   1 Answer

Insides Sales Account Manager Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I did several phone interviews before finally going into the Plano, TX office for a face to face interview. When I arrived to the 3rd floor of their building and guided towards the sales area I immediately got the feeling that this was a telemarketing center. The kind of place that you'd expect to be getting a call from someone raising money for the Policeman's Benevolent Society, March of Dimes or trying to sell you an extended warranty on your car. They have these really small cubes with basically no walls and all the sales reps were totally jammed together, hundreds of them it seemed. It was so loud as I was walking by that I cannot imagine how anyone actually thinks in that office. A lot of the people I saw on the phones were walking around with wireless headsets and walking into other people's work space while talking loudly on the phone. Most of the sales reps were dressed very unprofessionally, the manager that interviewed me was dressed like he was getting ready to go out to a Club for the night. Overall a very negative experience. This might be a great place for people with no sales or technology sales experience to come in and get that experience then move on to somewhere better, somewhere more professional but it wasn't right for me and I turned down the offer that arrived a week later. It wasn't even a really competitive offer compared with others I received in the same market/industry. A coworker who just joined me at my job just came from McAfee and they said that place was a "nightmare and full of children", glad I didn't go there!

Interview Questions

• What is your 60 day plan if we hire you.   1 Answer

The offer was not competitive. Offers from two other technology companies in Dallas were much higher. Above all though the work environment at McAfee is far below expectations, definitely a telemarketing site filled with telemarketing type people.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

1 face to face interview followed by a telephonic round with onshore manager. Being enthusiastic about the Job helps and also having good communication makes you a strong candidate

Negotiation

speak your mind when your expectations are not meant

Consumer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter in Texas. Screened for salary.
    Came in for 1 round of interviews with 3 peers and 1 manager.
    Returned for 2 round of interview with senior vice president. Very strange--should have been a signal to not take job.

Interview Questions

• How have proved value within 30 days of hire at your last employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. take it or leave it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring manager.
    They asked for onsite interview and were scheduling my stay in San Jose.
    I got another call the other day that the interview has been postponed.
    No reply after that from the hiring team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX).

Interview

1st meeting at University career fair
    Interview for phone interview, within 1 week
    30 min interview, conducted by hiring manager
    Pleasant interview, not a stress interview
    14 days before announcing decision
    only 1 round of interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i got the top band of the pay range, so I did not negotiate.

Global Operations Center Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about your current internship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Got a phone call from HR and accepted the offer and the salary on the spot.

Channel Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

Interview

comes with a min of 5 round interview policy, a matrix organization.
    Culturally focused & Values oriented. all 5 interviewees were very dynamic, and open about company's culture. be open as open about your personality with them. it's a great opportunity for both party to find out if both parties are a fit.

it was overall a fun interview , got to meet some great people.