McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

3.1

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

I sat a technical test first; three coding assignments in C#. I was given 45 mins to an hour to do them. A formal interview with a senior tester followed. That also took about 45 mins to an hour.
    I was contacted a week later and asked to do a follow-up interview. That was a telephone interview with the HR person. She asked me typical HR questions.
    A week later I was asked to supply two referees which I did. I was told "I will come back to you as soon as possible." but I was not contacted. An extremely unprofessional and rude organisation. I would never apply for a job with MacAfee again.

Interview Questions

• Why should we give you this job?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying to the position. I completed a technical project and then went onsite for an interview. I met with several McAfee employees while onsite, all of whom had different roles in the organization. In total my time onsite lasted for about 4 or 5 hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee in November 2015.

Interview

Initially got a call and told they were interested in profile and I was asked to come to F2F the next morning. It started with a F2F technical round which lasted for about 45 mins. The technical questions asked were related to the skill set interviewed for and was mainly scenario based and performance improvement based. 2nd Round was the coding round where I was given 5 problem statement and was asked to implement the solution. this round took about 1.5 hrs and the 3rd round was again the technical F2F round which lasted for another 45/meeting mins. That was it for the day and there was another F2F discussion after 5 days and this was just the project briefings and expectation settings. After this was the HR discussion which went on for about .5 hours. The offer letter was released after a weeks time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary offered is not in par to the market standards. They offer only 20% hike to the lateral entry with 7+ experience. You can negotiate further to 30% hike or may be more also...

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process include a phone interview followed by a face to face interview. Phone interview is short, only to get your background info and see you qualify for face to face interview.
    They focus on the basics. Even for Java development position, the coding test is quiet C based. Many people find it hard, but it is actually the fundamental computer theory. If you really understand it, you will never forget and fail to answer.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The process included a telephonic round followed by 3 technical F2F rounds and a telephonic discussion with Manager and HR.
    Telephonic round was a screening round on basics of Java, javascript, SQL. First technical round included questions on problem solving skills, number of approaches to solve the problem, solution optimization and details of Java language.

Second technical round was completely on data structures. Third round was around details of your past projects, your understanding of all the technologies mentioned on your resume and a coding problem.

Interview Questions

• Write the code for a problem and write as many unit test cases as possible.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a reply back from them to schedule a phone screen within a week. The phone screen was very simple, included questions from my resume, followed by behavioral questions, and a couple of technical questions. They were interested in people with prior experience in scripting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to rely on your instincts. How would you describe OOP. What is the difference between a pointer and a primitive data type. What is the difference between an array and a linked list.   Answer Question

Security Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Got a call through e litmus, the process had 3 technical interview rounds, followed by HR round.
    The opening was for entry-level so basic technical expertise was sought.
    The interview has held in a single day with 3 technical rounds and 2 management rounds.

Interview Questions

• It was for an entry-level opening, so most of the questions were generic in nature like basic data structure & algo questions i.e. linkedlist etc.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Role: Full stack developer
    Typical interview experience.

1 Written round - UI related questions + Some programmings questions( FizzBuzz, Reverse a string & email validations)
    Tech Interview 1 - Basic UI concepts- closure & time out concepts & one programming question
    Tech Interview 2 - UI + Design + Algorithms
    Tech Interview 3 - UI + Resume + OOPs + DB + Projects + Java + Redis + Algorithms ( And literally everything... )

The third guy was simply brilliant and he was simply testing core concepts for all topics. I screwed this up and was a little nervous in the end.

Overall, neutral interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Programming question - Given an array of number from 1...N (No duplicates)out of which one number is missing. Find the missing number in O(N).   1 Answer
    • How to compile & execute code at run time in java?   1 Answer
    • Some question based on topological sort   1 Answer
    • Level order traversal of tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

You meet with the group manager and several engineers. For my interview, they cycle thru the interviewers one person at a time. Each interviewer asks you their favorite interview questions.

There is usually a programming test given before the interviews start so that the interviewers have a chance to see how you did.

In my opinion, many of the interviewers' questions were the typical theoretical challenge questions that really don't evaluate how well you'll do in real life. In real life, one researches information related to the question, evaluates what you find, often meshes various pieces of information to arrive at the "best" answer, applies a "make or buy" decision, and then implements the solution. The standard argument for the challenge questions is that they show how you think; and that is a valid goal. So I guess we just have to live with those types of interview questions.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a good process. I applied via online. Then I got the calls and the interview process started. first step was through telephone interviews. After telephonic interview was cleared went through the second round of technical skills. The process was interesting testing our communication ,technical skills as well as keyskills.