McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Questions

• I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

QA Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Included around 6 rounds with a written technical & aptitude test

Interview Questions

• Why do want to join our company ?
      Why should I hire you ?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

First round is technical round. They are asking C# basic questions,Linq,Xml queries.
    Third round is managerial round and most of the questions related to testing questions

Interview Questions

• Second round they asked me to write code on the test machine. which is having 25 programs, ASP.net,C#,Ado.net,Xml....   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

1. Initial Phone Interview.
    2. 6 One on One interviews
    3. HR Screening (BG check etc)
    4. Offer

Interview Questions

• 1. You think Certifications such as CISSP makes a difference?   Answer Question

Negotiation

1. Keep it simple and dont play games.

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Interview

There are a minimum of 3 rounds one of which will be a coding round in code of your preference.
    Round 1 - involved basic aptitude and QA concepts
    Round 2 - involved more details questions on the tasks that you would be involved in
    Round 3 - a coding round that involved 2 or 3 simple programs in C++ (they did ask me what language I was comfortable with)

Additionally there will be HR rounds and meetings with your senior managers and so on.

Interview Questions

• Coding round was unexpected. They asked me to write a sorting algorithm, some previous question, writing and reading from a file   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

i was called for interview through elitmus but when i reached there i found out there were several rounds. The first round was a technical interview and it was focused on data structures. The second round was a coding exercise(very tough) but the good part is the questions are repeated.

Interview Questions

• making functions to find out the length of largest left and right substrings in a number whose sum is equal   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

2 stages of selection for interview shortlisting. An eLitmus percentile of 98+ followed by a Multiple choice quiz on computer science, Data structures and programming fundamentals. The latter should not be much of a problem if you are thorough with the basics, though getting a good eLitmus score is the hard part. The job role included a combination of development and testing.

Interview Questions

• Design a data structure where insertion, deletion, data access and get random element are all done in O(1), i.e., constant time. (Without using STL or Hash tables)   3 Answers
    • Many coding questions about friend functions in C++.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

There were several rounds of interview, and I was asked about my salary information by the person who interviewed me first. Later on, I realised that he wasn't ask about my salary.

However, every other round that I went through was highly professional, and the HR team was also very helpful and friendly.

The first day was smooth, and I felt very welcome.

Interview Questions

• They needed me to justify why I'd like to quit my current job, and I felt that this was somewhat tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They were very rigid on what they wanted to offer.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Takes quite a bit to get in the door. This tends to be a very slow process. Your best bet is to have it be an employee referral. Their HR department seems to have some turnover so you can get tripped up there. Interviewed for a position and it took 4 weeks to get called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I was out of work there was a take it or leave it attitude from HR manager.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2008.

Interview

Interview was a dream process. My hiring manager arranged me to fly in to Bangalore to attend the interview. All the four rounds were conducted one after another with a 30 minutes break. Interview was mature and highly relevant to position.

Interview Questions

• What is your design philosophy for software products and specifically for security products?   Answer Question

See What McAfee Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Account Representative in Plano, TX

Pros: “While working for McAfee, I had for the first time in my life (45 yrs old) the feeling of being with family. Especially, my direct supervisor. She was one of the best bosses I've ever...”“While working for McAfee, I had for the first time in my life (45 yrs old) the feeling of being with family. Especially, my direct supervisor. She was one of the best bosses I've ever had. From day 1, I felt welcomed. The team I was in, everybody was helping each other. Always there for each other, good or bad times. If you had questions or concerns, they seemed not to be bothered to answer, but quite the opposite, it looked like they really enjoyed helping or answering a question. I really do miss that awesome work family!!!” – Full Review