McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The process included a telephonic round followed by 3 technical F2F rounds and a telephonic discussion with Manager and HR.
    Telephonic round was a screening round on basics of Java, javascript, SQL. First technical round included questions on problem solving skills, number of approaches to solve the problem, solution optimization and details of Java language.

Second technical round was completely on data structures. Third round was around details of your past projects, your understanding of all the technologies mentioned on your resume and a coding problem.

Interview Questions

• Write the code for a problem and write as many unit test cases as possible.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a reply back from them to schedule a phone screen within a week. The phone screen was very simple, included questions from my resume, followed by behavioral questions, and a couple of technical questions. They were interested in people with prior experience in scripting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to rely on your instincts. How would you describe OOP. What is the difference between a pointer and a primitive data type. What is the difference between an array and a linked list.   Answer Question

Security Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Got a call through e litmus, the process had 3 technical interview rounds, followed by HR round.
    The opening was for entry-level so basic technical expertise was sought.
    The interview has held in a single day with 3 technical rounds and 2 management rounds.

Interview Questions

• It was for an entry-level opening, so most of the questions were generic in nature like basic data structure & algo questions i.e. linkedlist etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Role: Full stack developer
    Typical interview experience.

1 Written round - UI related questions + Some programmings questions( FizzBuzz, Reverse a string & email validations)
    Tech Interview 1 - Basic UI concepts- closure & time out concepts & one programming question
    Tech Interview 2 - UI + Design + Algorithms
    Tech Interview 3 - UI + Resume + OOPs + DB + Projects + Java + Redis + Algorithms ( And literally everything... )

The third guy was simply brilliant and he was simply testing core concepts for all topics. I screwed this up and was a little nervous in the end.

Overall, neutral interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Programming question - Given an array of number from 1...N (No duplicates)out of which one number is missing. Find the missing number in O(N).   1 Answer
    • How to compile & execute code at run time in java?   1 Answer
    • Some question based on topological sort   1 Answer
    • Level order traversal of tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

You meet with the group manager and several engineers. For my interview, they cycle thru the interviewers one person at a time. Each interviewer asks you their favorite interview questions.

There is usually a programming test given before the interviews start so that the interviewers have a chance to see how you did.

In my opinion, many of the interviewers' questions were the typical theoretical challenge questions that really don't evaluate how well you'll do in real life. In real life, one researches information related to the question, evaluates what you find, often meshes various pieces of information to arrive at the "best" answer, applies a "make or buy" decision, and then implements the solution. The standard argument for the challenge questions is that they show how you think; and that is a valid goal. So I guess we just have to live with those types of interview questions.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a good process. I applied via online. Then I got the calls and the interview process started. first step was through telephone interviews. After telephonic interview was cleared went through the second round of technical skills. The process was interesting testing our communication ,technical skills as well as keyskills.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was disappointed with their interview process.
    lack of professionalism in interviewers.

I received a call from McAfee HR for an interview. I appeared for interview at Intel office in EGL Bengaluru campus.
    I had to wait for 30 minutes till for someone to come and accommodate me for interview process.
    Finally after 30 minutes two people came and took me to an interview room.
    They did not introduce themselves to me and directly started with interview.
    Initially i was under impression that they are local site facility people to show the interview room for candidates but later i found that they are going to take my interview.

One of the interviewer was full of attitude and was trying to insult me on each and every question.
    They started interview from MSS in TCP/IP and ended the interview with ARP.

At the end of each answer from my end both of these people were looking at each other and then smile. I was feeling humiliated.

They are not technically well versed in networking concept as well because the interviewer was arguing that he can ping a private IP of any computer located in LAN from internet with out any VPN of leased line connection. He also said that he can ping google's private IP address, when i tried to explain him that when you ping google.com it is google's public IP not private IP he was full of attitude.

In the end i told those people that i don't like there attitude and would like to stop the interview.
    I took my resume and left the company.

This was a job opportunity in my own domain but due to their behavior i feel humiliated and will not recommend this company to anyone in future.

Interview Questions

• If there is a latency in internet connection from your router then what would you adjust in TCP/IP header to resolve the problem?   1 Answer
    • Explain the process of ping from one private network to another private network when they are connected on internet (show arp process)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied through elitmus (around 93% score in pH test).
    First few rounds were basic questions from CS fundamentals.
    A few questions on RDBMS. Write a query to get.... easy JOIN query
    Make sure you say yes to the things you are absolutely sure about, don't say yes to DFS if you don't know graphs and trees
    Some basic DS and algo.
    Sorting int array.
    Find nth largest from an array.
    implement linked list using stacks

Interview Questions

• Some geometry figure, find the length of some line segment   1 Answer

Interview

Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR. Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice   Answer Question

Associate Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through elitmus. Out of 20 people , 6 were selected from the first round. The questions were mainly on SDLC, testing and and the academic projects. The staff were really good. They made the process very comfortable. After the second round, 4 people were called for the further rounds. Totally, there were 5 rounds. They said that the HR will be contacting soon. But , they did not get back with the results even after 2 weeks.