McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.1

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn for a Sales position. After an initial interview with global/regional HR, I continued to having an interview with local (Cork) HR. After that, I had a short interview (10 min) with the person who was my potential boss/senior manager. I also had to do an intelligence test online. Then I was invited to the Cork office for a full day assessment center, where I did interviews and case interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to persuade someone/a group of people to do something   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F
    First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Questions

• What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX).

Interview

1st meeting at University career fair
    Interview for phone interview, within 1 week
    30 min interview, conducted by hiring manager
    Pleasant interview, not a stress interview
    14 days before announcing decision
    only 1 round of interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i got the top band of the pay range, so I did not negotiate.

Global Operations Center Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about your current internship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Got a phone call from HR and accepted the offer and the salary on the spot.

IT Training Manager Interview

Interview

I was referred to McAfee by an employee of McAfee who I had worked with previously. I had a phone interview and a face to face interview with 3 Vice Presidents. I did not interview with the 2 other woman who would be on ym team and that was a draw back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straight forward, I started as a contractor and then was converted to an employee

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a Skype interview. After making it through the initial interview. The assessment is a day-long process at the HQ that involves a series of interviews, case-studies, and tests. The next step is a job offer, which I didn't receive. From what I gathered, the assessment days are very competitive, at least for the Sales program, with only several applicants offered employment. Overall it was a great experience. The culture there is very appealing, and mostly everyone involved in the recruiting process was friendly and helpful. If you are interested in any of their programs, I would suggest you apply.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring manager.
    They asked for onsite interview and were scheduling my stay in San Jose.
    I got another call the other day that the interview has been postponed.
    No reply after that from the hiring team.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy Interview process, Most of hiring managers were relatively new.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE....they didn't care about experience or performance, just wanted a warm body

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Nice process. Entirely set up by staffing firm. Timely feedback received, and process and # of interviewers was streamlined. I was able to meet with the hiring manager, a close co-worker, a director, and a technical interviewer. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience, with pertinent questions asked of me, and I was allowed to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• How does my current position relate to this new position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal, given it was a contract position.