McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

McAfee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2018

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX).

Interview

1st meeting at University career fair
    Interview for phone interview, within 1 week
    30 min interview, conducted by hiring manager
    Pleasant interview, not a stress interview
    14 days before announcing decision
    only 1 round of interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i got the top band of the pay range, so I did not negotiate.

Global Operations Center Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about your current internship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Got a phone call from HR and accepted the offer and the salary on the spot.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2013.

Interview

Met with the manager who described the work and had a very basic test, then met with 3 managers who discussed work flow and work culture. They seemed to favor the computer science degree above anything else.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was referred to McAfee by an employee of McAfee who I had worked with previously. I had a phone interview and a face to face interview with 3 Vice Presidents. I did not interview with the 2 other woman who would be on ym team and that was a draw back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straight forward, I started as a contractor and then was converted to an employee

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a Skype interview. After making it through the initial interview. The assessment is a day-long process at the HQ that involves a series of interviews, case-studies, and tests. The next step is a job offer, which I didn't receive. From what I gathered, the assessment days are very competitive, at least for the Sales program, with only several applicants offered employment. Overall it was a great experience. The culture there is very appealing, and mostly everyone involved in the recruiting process was friendly and helpful. If you are interested in any of their programs, I would suggest you apply.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

typical process with previous phone screening and 1-1 interviews with hiring with HR, hiring manager and colleagues. There were a lot of emails during the process, asking for additional information.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring manager.
    They asked for onsite interview and were scheduling my stay in San Jose.
    I got another call the other day that the interview has been postponed.
    No reply after that from the hiring team.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy Interview process, Most of hiring managers were relatively new.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE....they didn't care about experience or performance, just wanted a warm body

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Nice process. Entirely set up by staffing firm. Timely feedback received, and process and # of interviewers was streamlined. I was able to meet with the hiring manager, a close co-worker, a director, and a technical interviewer. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience, with pertinent questions asked of me, and I was allowed to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• How does my current position relate to this new position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal, given it was a contract position.

Insides Sales Account Manager Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I did several phone interviews before finally going into the Plano, TX office for a face to face interview. When I arrived to the 3rd floor of their building and guided towards the sales area I immediately got the feeling that this was a telemarketing center. The kind of place that you'd expect to be getting a call from someone raising money for the Policeman's Benevolent Society, March of Dimes or trying to sell you an extended warranty on your car. They have these really small cubes with basically no walls and all the sales reps were totally jammed together, hundreds of them it seemed. It was so loud as I was walking by that I cannot imagine how anyone actually thinks in that office. A lot of the people I saw on the phones were walking around with wireless headsets and walking into other people's work space while talking loudly on the phone. Most of the sales reps were dressed very unprofessionally, the manager that interviewed me was dressed like he was getting ready to go out to a Club for the night. Overall a very negative experience. This might be a great place for people with no sales or technology sales experience to come in and get that experience then move on to somewhere better, somewhere more professional but it wasn't right for me and I turned down the offer that arrived a week later. It wasn't even a really competitive offer compared with others I received in the same market/industry. A coworker who just joined me at my job just came from McAfee and they said that place was a "nightmare and full of children", glad I didn't go there!

Interview Questions

• What is your 60 day plan if we hire you.   1 Answer

The offer was not competitive. Offers from two other technology companies in Dallas were much higher. Above all though the work environment at McAfee is far below expectations, definitely a telemarketing site filled with telemarketing type people.