McAfee Interview Questions in Plano, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Email from a coordinator about a month after I applied asking if I was still interested. Face to face interview with one person scheduled for the next week. Interview was enjoyable and informal. Consisted mostly of an explanation of the organization and it goals with some questions peppered in about my resume and how I might address particular issues. Was told that there was several more interviews still in process and they would get back to me. Emailed thank you. Offered additional insight into the position and how I would attack the role. Nothing. Completely ghosted. Multiple casual email attempts were ignored. Never got one ounce of feedback. Since spinning off in April I assume they are only organized on the surface and most of the back-end stuff is still a complete mess. Not even providing a short reply to multiple contact attempts is a pretty good clue as to what it would be like working there at this time in my opinion. Even if they thought I was a complete idiot I am a customer and I have a network. For a sales improvement focused organization that’s not acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Brief summary of background and experience preparing you for this role.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied while still part of Intel. After about 2 months contacted by recruiter. Called for an initial screening and then a phone interview with several team members. Phone interview was heavy on standard technical questions. After a week invited to in-person interview to see the building and answer a few more behavioral and technical questions. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a customers inability to connect to the internet?   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a long process. It started with a phone interview with the HR. Then you were placed in contact with the hiring manager via phone. After the hiring manager, you spent 6 hours meeting with 5 different people. This made for a very long day.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult task that you did not complete?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team.
    Overall the interview experience was horrible.
    The interview was about 30 mins.
    The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio.
    Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place?
    Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before?
      Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10.
      All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I started as a consultant and was brought on full time shortly after. Initial interview was a phone interview for the consultant role. Sr. Financial Analyst position interview was very informal since I was already on the team.

Interview Questions

• Specifics regarding technical background   1 Answer

Tier I Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They literally walked me into a dark room with four lights. I wish I were making that up.

The chair they had me sit in was half-broken so I couldn't lean back in it, and the three of them (two junior techs and an older senior tech or shift manager) took turns questioning me and posing extremely vague situations.

One that I remember was "You deploy an update to Windows for 100 workstations over the weekend starting on Friday, Sunday you checked to see how it went and noticed 1 workstation didn't get the patch, what do you do?"

That question had so much information missing that literally all I could say was "without any more information, I'd need to determine what made that one workstation different. Did the user shut it down before they left for the weekend? Did their office lose power? Is that machine even on the Active Directory OU?"

After several such questions they said they needed to step out into the hall to confer and to sit tight.

Another 15 minutes passes and a fourth guy who I'd never seen before walked in, introduced himself by first and last name (but not job title/responsibility, so I had no clue what he did, but evidently he was the final decisionmaker regarding hire/no hire), and then sat down to spend about 30 more minutes finding several different ways to express the importance of being on time.

I was 45 minutes early to the interview, and I'm a veteran. You guys have no idea what on time means. Seriously. :|

And here this guy is treating me, a 29 year old vet with plenty of tech experience, like I'm applying for a job at McDonald's.

Of course I smiled and nodded but inside I was thinking: are you freaking kidding me?

Afterwards, they said they'd be in touch and we shook hands, I thanked them for their time and got the heck out of there.

Interview Questions

• Lots of grilling on individual port numbers and the OSI model. Does anybody remember that stuff by heart without having to consult a reference? Anyone? Bueller?   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter 2 months after applying. After the HR phone screen, spoke to the hiring manager on the phone and then was invited for a combination of onsite and phone interviews - 4 rounds each 10 days apart. I wish the interview process was more cohesive. After the last interview did not hear back from the recruiter despite emailing several times.

Interview Questions

• What would your co-workers say about you?. How would you evaluate our marketing processes?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX).

Interview

1st meeting at University career fair
    Interview for phone interview, within 1 week
    30 min interview, conducted by hiring manager
    Pleasant interview, not a stress interview
    14 days before announcing decision
    only 1 round of interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i got the top band of the pay range, so I did not negotiate.

Global Operations Center Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about your current internship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Got a phone call from HR and accepted the offer and the salary on the spot.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy Interview process, Most of hiring managers were relatively new.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE....they didn't care about experience or performance, just wanted a warm body