McAfee Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Three total interview sessions. 1. Interview with hiring Regional Director. 2. Interview with members of the local sales team. 3. Interview with VP Sales. Very standard and common job interview questions. For this particular hiring Director and VP, they were really looking for a candidate that is a team player, a candidate that will leverage McAfee's internal executive resources as well as a candidate that would "fit" into the McAfee culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position to work for McAfee?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Contacted by HR. Interview process started with half an hour phone call with Hiring Manager. Invited for 5 round of interview at onsite, including hiring manager. Fairly easy questions but they wanted all of them to be written on paper, which was tedious. There was no technical discussion, just simple programs. Most of the guys were really in different zone, may be not in sync with current market and I would not blame them as that's what happen when you are in the same company for long time :). Finally offer was low compare to the expectation.

Cloud Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through the company website and got a call in approximately 2 weeks. The first round was a telephonic interview which mainly concentrated on my previous projects. All the questions were related to academic projects and previous work projects. The second round was a technical interview on C/C++ programming language. All standard questions of which most of them are available in glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• All important concepts in C++ like exception handling, auto pointer, virtual functions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, in-person interview with three members of the comms team. Turnaround was relatively quick, and they didn't throw any strange curveballs during any of the interviews. There was a keen focus on personal development and self-reflection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced difficulties while working in a group setting.   Answer Question

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with team member, Interviewed with hiring mgr, interviewed with 3 peers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two round phone interview, first manager and then team member interview.

Interview Questions

• Manager interview is about background experience of education, project experience details, and language preference. Team member interview is about basic technical questions. Algorithms of Mathematical problem of get series of numbers from number a to number b, SQL basic problem of outer join and inner join, balanced binary search tree and binary search tree problem.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

There was one initial phone call with the HR. After that, another phone call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me to complete a design assignment in addition.

There was three parts to the on-site Interview process. The first is a group presentation to the entire design team for about a hour. The second part includes several 1 on 1 with key stakeholders (product managers, sr. engineers, members of the design team, hiring manager), and with enough time left, you will do a design exercise with several design team members. The design exercise lasts about a hour where they will give you an example problem/project and you will role play and respond to the scenario. The entire on-site interview process could take up to 5 hours.

If they have doubts about your skill, be prepared for a second on-site interview or even more design assignments that you will have to complete.

Interview Questions

• The design exercise can throw some candidates off. Some good advices - be very authentic to who you are. Note that it really isn't about the design solution you come up with. They are not looking for the right answer, but your thinking process and the way you interact with other design team members.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
    on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an interview with the recruiter for 30 minutes asking my background, then they brought me in for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• You are given a task to take a lead on a project on the first day of job, how did you go about it?   Answer Question