McAfee Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Contacted by HR. Interview process started with half an hour phone call with Hiring Manager. Invited for 5 round of interview at onsite, including hiring manager. Fairly easy questions but they wanted all of them to be written on paper, which was tedious. There was no technical discussion, just simple programs. Most of the guys were really in different zone, may be not in sync with current market and I would not blame them as that's what happen when you are in the same company for long time :). Finally offer was low compare to the expectation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR. Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Phone interview + face-to-face interview. Nothing too tricky. Search google for software interview questions. Meet with the director for some communication software, then a senior software engineer for some basic technical questions. Then meet with a test software manager for some more communication questions. (The hiring manager was on vacation at that time)

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F
    First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Questions

• What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring manager.
    They asked for onsite interview and were scheduling my stay in San Jose.
    I got another call the other day that the interview has been postponed.
    No reply after that from the hiring team.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Atlanta, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

It is tough interview

Interview Questions

• Which is running faster by using for loop or while loop with 1,000,000 cycle   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was 3 rounds. 1 telephonic. 1 face to face. And 1 HR.
    It was very friendly. Asked about Singleton pattern. Thread working. OOps concepts.
    Asked about Java collections. Like diff between HashMap and Hash table.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round telephonic discussion - 1 hour discussion on C/C++ and Linux OS basics
    Second round F2F, there are total three round, two technical round and one Managerial round. After that HR round.
    I got call for telephonic round and they forgot to call me. Then rescheduled and got call. After that for F2F they forgot to send Call Letter, suddenly called ask to come next day.
    After Three around of F2F interview HR came and asked to Fill up form and had HR interview, ask for Salary - Requested to send all documents early. And NOW they forgot to send offer letter

Interview Questions

• Very deep knowledge in C++ required. Tree implementation, BT to BST coding. C algorithms, mergesort coding   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process include a phone interview followed by a face to face interview. Phone interview is short, only to get your background info and see you qualify for face to face interview.
    They focus on the basics. Even for Java development position, the coding test is quiet C based. Many people find it hard, but it is actually the fundamental computer theory. If you really understand it, you will never forget and fail to answer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

One telephonic and one F2F

Interview Questions

• Basics of Core Java and small tricky programs on arrays   Answer Question