McAfee Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

There were several rounds of interview, and I was asked about my salary information by the person who interviewed me first. Later on, I realised that he wasn't ask about my salary.

However, every other round that I went through was highly professional, and the HR team was also very helpful and friendly.

The first day was smooth, and I felt very welcome.

Interview Questions

• They needed me to justify why I'd like to quit my current job, and I felt that this was somewhat tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They were very rigid on what they wanted to offer.

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Atlanta, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

It is tough interview

Interview Questions

• Which is running faster by using for loop or while loop with 1,000,000 cycle   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was 3 rounds. 1 telephonic. 1 face to face. And 1 HR.
    It was very friendly. Asked about Singleton pattern. Thread working. OOps concepts.
    Asked about Java collections. Like diff between HashMap and Hash table.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process include a phone interview followed by a face to face interview. Phone interview is short, only to get your background info and see you qualify for face to face interview.
    They focus on the basics. Even for Java development position, the coding test is quiet C based. Many people find it hard, but it is actually the fundamental computer theory. If you really understand it, you will never forget and fail to answer.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Phone interview + face-to-face interview. Nothing too tricky. Search google for software interview questions. Meet with the director for some communication software, then a senior software engineer for some basic technical questions. Then meet with a test software manager for some more communication questions. (The hiring manager was on vacation at that time)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round telephonic discussion - 1 hour discussion on C/C++ and Linux OS basics
    Second round F2F, there are total three round, two technical round and one Managerial round. After that HR round.
    I got call for telephonic round and they forgot to call me. Then rescheduled and got call. After that for F2F they forgot to send Call Letter, suddenly called ask to come next day.
    After Three around of F2F interview HR came and asked to Fill up form and had HR interview, ask for Salary - Requested to send all documents early. And NOW they forgot to send offer letter

Interview Questions

• Very deep knowledge in C++ required. Tree implementation, BT to BST coding. C algorithms, mergesort coding   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring process usually consist of 3 technical rounds followed by a discussion with Manager/HR on compensation and a final discussion with the director. The second round is a code test round where candidates are supposed to solve coding challenges.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F
    First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Questions

• What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

One telephonic and one F2F

Interview Questions

• Basics of Core Java and small tricky programs on arrays   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

the written test is arranged by e-litmus for which u might find sample questions on internet.
    their were 60 questions in 2hr 30 mins(20-quant,20 logical,20-english).Quant was very tough equal to CAT level.
    So even attempting 5 correctly will qualify u for next round.. i would suggest to start with logical then english then quant.
    Before this e-litmus test their was a technical objective test with 20 questions in 30 minutes which is
    failrly simple.(general question on OS/give C program output etc.)
    Interviews they were mainly checking ur design capabilities. They asked me to design classes for Minesweeper and asked to write code for checking malicious code in e-mail.
    All the Best