McAfee Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gur Gram (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Gur Gram (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was the toughest interview I faced. There were 3 rounds of interviews, first two being technical and third being Project Manager round. Questions were on the tougher side and a good understanding of the topics is the way to go. Moreover, they were mostly looking for the approach a person uses to solve a problem.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Elitmus test followed by 2 Technical interviews and 1 HR round. quant,logical reasoning and Verbal questions in Elitmus test which were difficult to answer and sectional cutoff was there in all the 3 sections.

Interview Questions

• MongoDB,MYSQL,Projects,Quicksort,Linked List,C,OS,Greedy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

this was a typical windows internals and operating systems concepts.
    they asked question on basic programming concepts, link list and tree related stuff but more focus was on windows internals and related stuff. if you have some background in security that will be very good too.

Interview Questions

• paging, memory management, io manager, windows internals related stuff   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was 3 rounds. 1 telephonic. 1 face to face. And 1 HR.
    It was very friendly. Asked about Singleton pattern. Thread working. OOps concepts.
    Asked about Java collections. Like diff between HashMap and Hash table.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Contacted by HR. Interview process started with half an hour phone call with Hiring Manager. Invited for 5 round of interview at onsite, including hiring manager. Fairly easy questions but they wanted all of them to be written on paper, which was tedious. There was no technical discussion, just simple programs. Most of the guys were really in different zone, may be not in sync with current market and I would not blame them as that's what happen when you are in the same company for long time :). Finally offer was low compare to the expectation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR. Coding challenge, followed by subjective interview. Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice. Answer subjective questions from multiple people on the team. Interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Solve Fizzbuzz with a programming language of your choice   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Phone interview + face-to-face interview. Nothing too tricky. Search google for software interview questions. Meet with the director for some communication software, then a senior software engineer for some basic technical questions. Then meet with a test software manager for some more communication questions. (The hiring manager was on vacation at that time)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round telephonic discussion - 1 hour discussion on C/C++ and Linux OS basics
    Second round F2F, there are total three round, two technical round and one Managerial round. After that HR round.
    I got call for telephonic round and they forgot to call me. Then rescheduled and got call. After that for F2F they forgot to send Call Letter, suddenly called ask to come next day.
    After Three around of F2F interview HR came and asked to Fill up form and had HR interview, ask for Salary - Requested to send all documents early. And NOW they forgot to send offer letter

Interview Questions

• Very deep knowledge in C++ required. Tree implementation, BT to BST coding. C algorithms, mergesort coding   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring process usually consist of 3 technical rounds followed by a discussion with Manager/HR on compensation and a final discussion with the director. The second round is a code test round where candidates are supposed to solve coding challenges.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F
    First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Questions

• What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.