McAfee Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2016

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

A phone interview then 3 rounds of hard core technical rounds. phone interview was above average but the following 3 tech rounds were mostly focused on DS and Algo, networking and Operating systems. The interviewer was excellent when describing the question and very patient while listening to the answers.

Interview Questions

• Implement of abstract factory method patterns with real world scenario   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Data structure, and core knowledge of domain, programming skills, coding skills etc... ask you to write programs or mini projects.
    Interview process was good, followed by around 5-6 round which included last HR round.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Coding Round, 3 Tech Rounds, 1 Manager Round, HR Round. Overall process was stright forward, but to results were announced after 2 weeks. Focus was also on our background, Which company we are coming from, What is the Role and Responsibilities etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The process included a telephonic round followed by 3 technical F2F rounds and a telephonic discussion with Manager and HR.
    Telephonic round was a screening round on basics of Java, javascript, SQL. First technical round included questions on problem solving skills, number of approaches to solve the problem, solution optimization and details of Java language.

Second technical round was completely on data structures. Third round was around details of your past projects, your understanding of all the technologies mentioned on your resume and a coding problem.

Interview Questions

• Write the code for a problem and write as many unit test cases as possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

You meet with the group manager and several engineers. For my interview, they cycle thru the interviewers one person at a time. Each interviewer asks you their favorite interview questions.

There is usually a programming test given before the interviews start so that the interviewers have a chance to see how you did.

In my opinion, many of the interviewers' questions were the typical theoretical challenge questions that really don't evaluate how well you'll do in real life. In real life, one researches information related to the question, evaluates what you find, often meshes various pieces of information to arrive at the "best" answer, applies a "make or buy" decision, and then implements the solution. The standard argument for the challenge questions is that they show how you think; and that is a valid goal. So I guess we just have to live with those types of interview questions.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

Interview

interview process was good first was technical round fllowed by interview process. difficult questions
    question were on c/c++, sql .phython. be prepared toughness. mcafee is tough to crack. i think it will be helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

i was called for interview through elitmus but when i reached there i found out there were several rounds. The first round was a technical interview and it was focused on data structures. The second round was a coding exercise(very tough) but the good part is the questions are repeated.

Interview Questions

• making functions to find out the length of largest left and right substrings in a number whose sum is equal   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

2 stages of selection for interview shortlisting. An eLitmus percentile of 98+ followed by a Multiple choice quiz on computer science, Data structures and programming fundamentals. The latter should not be much of a problem if you are thorough with the basics, though getting a good eLitmus score is the hard part. The job role included a combination of development and testing.

Interview Questions

• Design a data structure where insertion, deletion, data access and get random element are all done in O(1), i.e., constant time. (Without using STL or Hash tables)   3 Answers
    • Many coding questions about friend functions in C++.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Role: Full stack developer
    Typical interview experience.

1 Written round - UI related questions + Some programmings questions( FizzBuzz, Reverse a string & email validations)
    Tech Interview 1 - Basic UI concepts- closure & time out concepts & one programming question
    Tech Interview 2 - UI + Design + Algorithms
    Tech Interview 3 - UI + Resume + OOPs + DB + Projects + Java + Redis + Algorithms ( And literally everything... )

The third guy was simply brilliant and he was simply testing core concepts for all topics. I screwed this up and was a little nervous in the end.

Overall, neutral interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Programming question - Given an array of number from 1...N (No duplicates)out of which one number is missing. Find the missing number in O(N).   1 Answer
    • How to compile & execute code at run time in java?   1 Answer
    • Some question based on topological sort   1 Answer
    • Level order traversal of tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied through elitmus (around 93% score in pH test).
    First few rounds were basic questions from CS fundamentals.
    A few questions on RDBMS. Write a query to get.... easy JOIN query
    Make sure you say yes to the things you are absolutely sure about, don't say yes to DFS if you don't know graphs and trees
    Some basic DS and algo.
    Sorting int array.
    Find nth largest from an array.
    implement linked list using stacks

Interview Questions

• Some geometry figure, find the length of some line segment   1 Answer