McAfee Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kfar Saba (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Kfar Saba (Israel)).

Interview

At the time of the interview, there were 2 open positions. A software development position and a security research position. I couldn't decide which of them I wanted more, so I applied to both of them, which caused an increase of the number of interviews.
All interviewers were professional and didn't try to make the interview too technical, which I liked

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Difficult and 5 rounds
    Basic concepts
    1. Written Test:- 30 questions from verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning +20 aptitude Questions ,It was the toughest paper,like eltmus questation .
    The written test had 50 questions and were given 1 hour to solve it.
    Today cutoff is 28 questions.
    2.my technical interview was for approx 110 to 120 minutes duration( Blackboard Presentation on code + Questions on computer communication network+memory mangement questaton+questaton from open the file close the file+basic java+3 puzzles questons+alogrithm of data structure)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATION

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (McLean, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

had 1 phone interview which was fully technical.. Asked about work exp, database, netowrking and OO concepts.. a bit of algorithms... he was mostly seeing whether my basics were good..
    onsite interview had 4 rounds.. 2 were more on projects, challenges faced etc. Others were technical on similar topics and asked to write code on the board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes. add 10k more and tell u were expecting that much.. he/she may increase by 3-4k

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Interview

telephonic round was there for the post of software engineer in java technology. it was around 1 hour and 30 minuts long. there was java's technical questions and some data structure's question. basic of java core and link list and queue insersion and deletion. there was 2-3 puzzuls

Interview Questions

• There are three box with apple, orange and apple+orange, all three are identical, one have to know which box have which fruit exactly and one can open one box maximum.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied through elitmus (around 93% score in pH test).
    First few rounds were basic questions from CS fundamentals.
    A few questions on RDBMS. Write a query to get.... easy JOIN query
    Make sure you say yes to the things you are absolutely sure about, don't say yes to DFS if you don't know graphs and trees
    Some basic DS and algo.
    Sorting int array.
    Find nth largest from an array.
    implement linked list using stacks

Interview Questions

• Some geometry figure, find the length of some line segment   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Role: Full stack developer
    Typical interview experience.

1 Written round - UI related questions + Some programmings questions( FizzBuzz, Reverse a string & email validations)
    Tech Interview 1 - Basic UI concepts- closure & time out concepts & one programming question
    Tech Interview 2 - UI + Design + Algorithms
    Tech Interview 3 - UI + Resume + OOPs + DB + Projects + Java + Redis + Algorithms ( And literally everything... )

The third guy was simply brilliant and he was simply testing core concepts for all topics. I screwed this up and was a little nervous in the end.

Overall, neutral interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Programming question - Given an array of number from 1...N (No duplicates)out of which one number is missing. Find the missing number in O(N).   1 Answer
    • How to compile & execute code at run time in java?   1 Answer
    • Some question based on topological sort   1 Answer
    • Level order traversal of tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

2 stages of selection for interview shortlisting. An eLitmus percentile of 98+ followed by a Multiple choice quiz on computer science, Data structures and programming fundamentals. The latter should not be much of a problem if you are thorough with the basics, though getting a good eLitmus score is the hard part. The job role included a combination of development and testing.

Interview Questions

• Design a data structure where insertion, deletion, data access and get random element are all done in O(1), i.e., constant time. (Without using STL or Hash tables)   3 Answers
    • Many coding questions about friend functions in C++.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

i was called for interview through elitmus but when i reached there i found out there were several rounds. The first round was a technical interview and it was focused on data structures. The second round was a coding exercise(very tough) but the good part is the questions are repeated.

Interview Questions

• making functions to find out the length of largest left and right substrings in a number whose sum is equal   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

Interview

interview process was good first was technical round fllowed by interview process. difficult questions
    question were on c/c++, sql .phython. be prepared toughness. mcafee is tough to crack. i think it will be helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

You meet with the group manager and several engineers. For my interview, they cycle thru the interviewers one person at a time. Each interviewer asks you their favorite interview questions.

There is usually a programming test given before the interviews start so that the interviewers have a chance to see how you did.

In my opinion, many of the interviewers' questions were the typical theoretical challenge questions that really don't evaluate how well you'll do in real life. In real life, one researches information related to the question, evaluates what you find, often meshes various pieces of information to arrive at the "best" answer, applies a "make or buy" decision, and then implements the solution. The standard argument for the challenge questions is that they show how you think; and that is a valid goal. So I guess we just have to live with those types of interview questions.