McAfee Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team.
Overall the interview experience was horrible.
The interview was about 30 mins.
The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio.
Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place?
Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before?
    Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10.
    All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a reply back from them to schedule a phone screen within a week. The phone screen was very simple, included questions from my resume, followed by behavioral questions, and a couple of technical questions. They were interested in people with prior experience in scripting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to rely on your instincts. How would you describe OOP. What is the difference between a pointer and a primitive data type. What is the difference between an array and a linked list.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round telephonic round was simple.Basic c# Question and 2nd round system test they will give 1 hour time to complete and it is basic asp.net questions and XML parsing question 3rd manager and 4th technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Basic c#,OOPS, MVC and database questions and few network related Questions   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2010.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly & asked many good questions. Most were language questions on c++ & specially on pointers , data structures. Although the questions were not very tough, you will need to brush up a bit before the interview.

Most of the questions were from Effective C++ book series. Heard from friends that the work culture is very good & they do understand the need for work-life balance

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Interview

First of all,They have an intensive analytical exam conducted by PRO-METRIC. This will contain a relatively easy Technical test also.This is the toughest part of process.If you clear the exam then half work done.Exam is on par with CAT.....Ans then Technical interview in skills like C,data structures.O.S concepts and networking......McAfee is very good company if u want to work in Development.......I repent on missing my opportunity as i was tensed a lot and spoiled interview as it was my first ever.....So be cool and crack it...

Interview Questions

• Simple Q's on usage of switch,Linked list and some good puzzles   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview

Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far.
    It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Questions

• Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question