McAfee Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Córdoba (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Córdoba (Argentina)).

Interview

very long, it took almost all the morning.
First I have an interview with the managers they ask about my background and experiences.
Some situations and how I would resolve them.
After that I have a practical interview, I have to implement some exercises in a computer.
Finally the a written test with technical question about the language and try to identify the issues in a method.

Interview Questions

• find the issues in a code fragment and explain why they are problematic.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone interview followed by an interview in Aylesbury at McAfee. This consisted of a programming test, technical interview and interviews with the teams I was applying to. The interview took most of the day but was worth it as I was able to meet each team and find where I would be a best fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2010.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly & asked many good questions. Most were language questions on c++ & specially on pointers , data structures. Although the questions were not very tough, you will need to brush up a bit before the interview.

Most of the questions were from Effective C++ book series. Heard from friends that the work culture is very good & they do understand the need for work-life balance

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Interview

First of all,They have an intensive analytical exam conducted by PRO-METRIC. This will contain a relatively easy Technical test also.This is the toughest part of process.If you clear the exam then half work done.Exam is on par with CAT.....Ans then Technical interview in skills like C,data structures.O.S concepts and networking......McAfee is very good company if u want to work in Development.......I repent on missing my opportunity as i was tensed a lot and spoiled interview as it was my first ever.....So be cool and crack it...

Interview Questions

• Simple Q's on usage of switch,Linked list and some good puzzles   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round telephonic round was simple.Basic c# Question and 2nd round system test they will give 1 hour time to complete and it is basic asp.net questions and XML parsing question 3rd manager and 4th technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Basic c#,OOPS, MVC and database questions and few network related Questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY).

Interview

recruited pinged me on LinkedIn and then have a Phone interview from hiring manager, lastly did an onsite interview. The whole process lasts for 4 weeks. Nothing fancy just like a normal IT company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• Some basic algorithms questions and fundamental CS questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by programming test and then a one on one interview with four senior members of the team including the hiring manager. Coding fundamentals and common questions about tools used for code management, debugging tools, bug database etc. Programming basics like data structures and algorithms and why one is chosen over the other.

Interview Questions

• c++ programming skills implement stack and queue from scratch   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Idaho Falls, ID) in December 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager that was hiring interns and he brought an engineer on the team with him. The engineer was a recent grad, so it was a little less stressful than another experienced engineer. They both made the environment relaxed, but I could tell that they were sharp guys. The questions they asked were fair and not crazy. Afterwards they showed me around the office and gave me a free drink.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming problem: Create a function that takes in a string and reverses it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2014.

Interview

written aptitude round - 60 Qs, 20 each from quant, data interpretation and verbal.
    written coding round - 20 Qs, very simple
    personal interview - just basic c++ and java Qs. some trick Qs, apparently to test logical reasoning
    2nd personal interview along with HR

Interview Questions

• written round was hard. very hard. test was conducted eLitmus. CAT type Qs.
      coding round was very easy.
      interviews were a cake cause the panelists themselves had limited knowledge.
      1 Answer