McAfee Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Córdoba (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Córdoba (Argentina)).

Interview

very long, it took almost all the morning.
First I have an interview with the managers they ask about my background and experiences.
Some situations and how I would resolve them.
After that I have a practical interview, I have to implement some exercises in a computer.
Finally the a written test with technical question about the language and try to identify the issues in a method.

Interview Questions

• find the issues in a code fragment and explain why they are problematic.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round telephonic round was simple.Basic c# Question and 2nd round system test they will give 1 hour time to complete and it is basic asp.net questions and XML parsing question 3rd manager and 4th technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Basic c#,OOPS, MVC and database questions and few network related Questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY).

Interview

recruited pinged me on LinkedIn and then have a Phone interview from hiring manager, lastly did an onsite interview. The whole process lasts for 4 weeks. Nothing fancy just like a normal IT company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• Some basic algorithms questions and fundamental CS questions   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone interview followed by an interview in Aylesbury at McAfee. This consisted of a programming test, technical interview and interviews with the teams I was applying to. The interview took most of the day but was worth it as I was able to meet each team and find where I would be a best fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by programming test and then a one on one interview with four senior members of the team including the hiring manager. Coding fundamentals and common questions about tools used for code management, debugging tools, bug database etc. Programming basics like data structures and algorithms and why one is chosen over the other.

Interview Questions

• c++ programming skills implement stack and queue from scratch   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a reply back from them to schedule a phone screen within a week. The phone screen was very simple, included questions from my resume, followed by behavioral questions, and a couple of technical questions. They were interested in people with prior experience in scripting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to rely on your instincts. How would you describe OOP. What is the difference between a pointer and a primitive data type. What is the difference between an array and a linked list.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Idaho Falls, ID) in December 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager that was hiring interns and he brought an engineer on the team with him. The engineer was a recent grad, so it was a little less stressful than another experienced engineer. They both made the environment relaxed, but I could tell that they were sharp guys. The questions they asked were fair and not crazy. Afterwards they showed me around the office and gave me a free drink.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming problem: Create a function that takes in a string and reverses it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2014.

Interview

written aptitude round - 60 Qs, 20 each from quant, data interpretation and verbal.
    written coding round - 20 Qs, very simple
    personal interview - just basic c++ and java Qs. some trick Qs, apparently to test logical reasoning
    2nd personal interview along with HR

Interview Questions

• written round was hard. very hard. test was conducted eLitmus. CAT type Qs.
      coding round was very easy.
      interviews were a cake cause the panelists themselves had limited knowledge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team.
    Overall the interview experience was horrible.
    The interview was about 30 mins.
    The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio.
    Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place?
    Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before?
      Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10.
      All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Interview

Invited for an interview, arrived and then immediately was led to a cubicle to do an impromptu 1.5hr low-level coding test. No "hello, how are you, welcome" etc. Interviewers had extremely weak social skills and it reflects horrendously on the company.

A 1.5hr coding test is insulting and hilarious to employees with university degrees from top schools with 10 years of programming experience.

Verbal portion of the interview was fair and standard.

Office layout was depressing and the area smelled of stale coffee and inactivity. Cubicle walls were high and a very old looking blue colour. Employees looked depressed, unkept and unmotivated.

Interview Questions

• Questions about what would happen in various hypothetical conditions if software was coded by amateurs. Interviews themselves were unsure of what would happen.   Answer Question

Win32 is out of date and low-level windows programming is a thing of the past.