McAfee Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee in April 2013.

Interview

Met with the manager who described the work and had a very basic test, then met with 3 managers who discussed work flow and work culture. They seemed to favor the computer science degree above anything else.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Very friendly, honest and open conversation. You're really talking to normal everyday people.
    They inform you of what tasks will be done in the position, and how the work culture is.
    A skills test is given immediately and to be completed during the 1st interview.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

1. written objective type
    2. three technical round
    3. one managerial

Interview Questions

• mostly focus on basics and they will look for particular skill in a round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Telephonic Interview, 5 rounds of Interview Face to Face, HR Interview, Got the offer in 2 weeks , Very Good interview, Programming Test, Selenium WebDriver, Regex,Java, Java Script,Telephonic Interview, 5 rounds of Interview Face to Face, HR Interview, Got the offer in 2 weeks , Very Good interview, Programming Test, Selenium WebDriver, Regex,Java, Java Script

Interview Questions

• Perl Programming Interview, Some Puzzles, Automation Framework   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

A phone interview was first conducted which was followed by another and much longer phone interview. After this there was a face to face round with the lead followed by the manager.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

1. They do not ask much about data structures and algorithms, Instead I have seen people shying away from such things
    2. They ask about simple things, e.g. programming in java/C/C++/Python but, not too much deep level questions

Interview Questions

• There was as such not any difficult question. They dont have such difficult questions to ask for in interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

written n oral things, telephone calls. post that there was a face to face interview related to analytical and soft skills.
    at the end of the day you should be done with less hassles. Interviewers are patient and the HR also interacts very well

wfh not available

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

aptitude and technical test
    testing an application
    3 technical interviews from different teams
    managerial interview
    hr round

Interview Questions

• completely technical and few on the aptitude side.
      all questions were based on the projects mentioned   Answer Question

Negotiation

offer upto market standards

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2008.

Interview

I got interview call through employee referral. First round was phone interview. They checked basic knowledge about testing. QA process, scripting abilities and operating system concepts. After a week I was asked to come down for 1:1 interview. There were about 4 rounds. Each consisting of different competencies. They gave me few scenarios and asked to write test cases. Asked few simple puzzles.

Interview Questions

• What are daemon processes in operating system?   Answer Question
    • Puzzle about crossing a river with time and combination of cannibals and normal humans conditions   1 Answer