McAfee Technical Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McAfee Technical Lead Interview Questions

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

One round of long telephonic technical interview to grasp the skills processed
Second round of 1:1 Technical interview for 1 hour with more technical and analytical questions and check for the overall commitment level.
Third round of interview with the Development Manager on the type of work and the type of candidate they are expecting

Interview Questions

• All about Windows Installer Internals, C++ programming, Installshield   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring was pretty good and it was very methodical process. I was interviewed for a technical lead position and I got an interview call through a consultant.
    First HR person called and informed me about interview process completely. Then I had one telephonic interview and 3 personal interviews. 2 Technical levels and 1 management round. Then followed by some US interview.

The HR seems to very co-operative and he was online when my entire US interview was going on.

Then final local HR interview happened and I got selected .

Interview Questions

• 1st round telephonic round was simple. Some basic C++ questions with practical things like how did i handle it ?.
      For e..g, I was interviewed for windows internals , so How to debug a particualar problem and how it was fixed. and C++ questions on inheritance.

2nd round on direct Hands - on, they gave a PC to me and asked to write a code on implementing stack and queue from linked list with ~1 hours time. I finished that.

3rd round was more interesting like how do a data structure for particular situation( I don't remember exact situation) and why did I choose that data structure ?. This guy seems like some manager ( not hiring manager, but he did evaluate me in general as well with some puzzles)

4th round was from US, then it was related to behavior and attitude in team work and how do i resolved conflicts with a team.

5th round was hiring manager and HR round. Pretty standard stuff, like about team structure and McAfee advantage...etc.
      1 Answer

I had a better offer with some other company, hence didn't join.
    But later on I got excellent feedback about this company, but it was too late for me to go back.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

One of the worst experience, no friendly environment to give any test, team there treats you like you are a stranger..
    guys think before u make for it

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++
    F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++.
    1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions.
    Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture.
    Phone HR - Offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.