McCann Erickson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McCann Erickson Interview Questions

2.4

Consumer Insights/Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCann Erickson (Birmingham, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Came in expecting one interview from 2 people, ended up being 2 separate interviews. Very friendly, and straightforward interview. Both interviews ended up being conversations about the position. When I came in, I was greeted by the receptionist, then the HR representative that I was speaking with before. After the interview I met with the HR rep again to debrief. Everyone was very positive, laid back, and mature about the entire interview process and position.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past that can help you in this position?   1 Answer

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McCann Erickson (Birmingham, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

the interview process was quick once it started. from the original call about coming in to interview, to actually starting work was about two weeks. the interview was quick as they have an orientation for new hires on their first day. interview was basically just going over job duties and whats expected should i get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• what kind of skills have i acquired from past work experience.
      what are some things i do well.
      what do i need to improve on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasnt much of a negotiation as the pay was already better than my previous job

Vice President, Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the creative recruiter. She was thoughtful, interested and very informative. Also, she was very honest. Expectations were set as to next steps. And overall there was a positive and relaxed vibe. I cannot say enough great things about the recruiter at McCann.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about managing a team?   1 Answer

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McCann Erickson.

Interview

I was recommended by a current employee, and I think that made the hiring and interview process easier. I expected more in the way of testing my current skills or rate of work, but the interview was handled very well. The interviewers were courteous and asked pertinent questions without wasting time.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't particularly difficult, and they kept the interview on topic.   Answer Question

The job was higher stress and lower salary than I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at McCann Erickson in August 2013.

Interview

not great

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nail biting process

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McCann Erickson in March 2013.

Interview

I was able to get a an interview through an alumni at my university. HR manager was polite yet thorough. Asked about what peaked my interest in the field, why I felt I was qualified for the position, if I could do anything differently knowing what I know now, what would I do differently during my academic career. I brought up some of my favorite campaigns, they asked me why they were my favorite

Interview Questions

• Knowing what I know now, what would I have done differently during my academic career?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Interview

Freelanced first before hired

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Received a respectful and welcoming interview.

Interview Questions

• If we can't find you a job here, where else would you like to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Above board and fair.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

This was, by far, the strangest interview that I have ever had. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the following week. We set up a phone interview. She was very nice and personable, but the conversation felt more like a quiz than an interview (i.e. "What do you think this position entails?" "What sort of things do you think our agency does?"). She told me that she would speak to the account team about a second interview. I was told that they were not sure if they were going to fill this position. I thought it was odd to post a job and conduct an interview if you were not going to fill the position, but the account team agreed to a phone interview for the following week.

The second interview, with the account team, was also...different. Again, they seemed nice, but it didn't feel like an interview (even an informal one). No questions about my past projects and experiences, knowledge of the industry, what I would bring to the team, etc. Instead, they spoke about the office culture and other impersonal topics. It seemed like the team members were unprepared for an interview, even though it was scheduled nearly a week in advance. It was impossible to gauge if the interview went well. Regardless, I was told that I would hear from them shortly regarding "next steps."

I never heard back from them, and I accepted another job a month later. I would have at least liked some sort of follow-up. Even an auto-generated "thanks but no thanks" email would have sufficed. In the end, I'm glad I didn't end up working there- the staff seemed nice, but the interview was too weird and the lack of a response was, in my opinion, rude.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCann Erickson (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by email and set up a time for a phone interview with a recruiter.
    The recruiter was very personable and didn't ask very tough questions. The interview was concise and hit on all the key points.