McCann Health Medical Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at McCann Health Medical Communications

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCann Health Medical Communications (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone interview followed by in-office series of interviews with a variety of employees. In-office interview included a presentation relevant to the healthcare industry. Final additional telephone interviews occurred with team members who were not in the office.

Medical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCann Health Medical Communications.

Interview

I was asked to complete a writing/editing test then invited for the interview. As part of the interview process, there was a small editing test as well. The candidate had also to make a small presentation (10 minutes ish) during the interview. The whole process took a few months. It was a one interview process.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions such as what do you know about our company, what kind of skills can you bring   Answer Question

Science Writer Interview

Interview

Proofing test, and verbal interview. The proofing test was timed, and interview with two members of staff followed. Whole process was roughly an hour. Staff were not particularly friendly, and verbal interview was most challenging part.

Trainee Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at McCann Health Medical Communications (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

One hour writing test followed by 1.5hr interview by head of editorial and one member of HR. Informative discussion, slightly overshadowed by their interest in my family life. Furthermore, during negotiations they were unwilling to offer me flexible working (2 days starting at 8.30am and leaving at 5.00pm as opposed to starting at 9.00am leaving at 5.3pm) therefore I declined the job offer. Amusingly, they suggested if my circumstances changed I should get back in touch. As a mother of 4 young children my circumstances are (hopefully) not going to change in the very near future. Very disappointed in their attitude, in particular the (lack of) professionalism of HR. They say they have a work life balance standard and advocate flexibility in their job adverts, but in my experience this is just not the case.

Associate Medical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McCann Health Medical Communications in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview and a writing test (which I had to complete from home) first. Afterwards I had a face-to-face interview - first a writing test (editing + short writing) and a standard interview. One interviewer was really good, asking straight to the point questions. The other was a bit passive-aggressive but again - really straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a challenging situation in my previous work and what I did to overcome it. I was also asked if I were to hire someone, what qualities I'd be looking for.   1 Answer

Associate Medical Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCann Health Medical Communications.

Interview

editing test and interview with three people after waiting very long for the invitation for interview and then have a panel interview with hr manager and two other managers from the department