McCarthy Tétrault Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at McCarthy Tétrault

3.1

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Formal interview involved meeting the key business law hiring contacts and all the partners in the business team

Negotiation

No real negotiation - the offer was good and fair

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, first in person interview, written test, second interview. The process is quite long and can take even more than a month. In addition, the talent acquisition who interviewed me didn’t seem to be enough prepared. On top of that, the interview was more like a test without any kind of interaction from the interviewer which was simply asking questions without showing passion and interest in getting to know me better

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Very standard interview experience. Interviewed by 2 ppl. They did not ask what you knew about the company, your weakness, or to tell them about yourself. It was fun and the people seem great. Wasn't nerve racking - pretty comfortable and friendly environment.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2019.

Interview

-applied online
    -about 1 month later, invited for in-person interview at Toronto office (panel)
    -they tell me I'll hear back within 1 week... this was ONE MONTH ago now, and I still haven't heard anything back from them. Assuming it is a rejection obviously, but totally unprofessional to just "ghost" a candidate and refuse to even provide an answer. They've also ignored all my emails asking for interview feedback.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting agency for a first role within the eBilling/Business Analysis team. At the first interview I met the Manager, Talent Acquisition and the recruiting Manager for the role. A few days later they call me in for a second interview with the Manager, Business Analysis and the Manager, Finance Ops. Third interview was with the CFO a few days later again. They called me back to let me know there was an opening for a role that would best suit my experience. Went in for a fourth interview with both the Director, Business Analysis and the Director, Finance Ops. Received an offer a few days later. The process was pretty fast thanks to the recruiting agency that was doing a great job on interview follow-ups

Interview Questions

• Describe your my technical skills - extent of use and knowledge of technology - the use of SQL, macros are essential in this role   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation was facilitated by the recruiting agency

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

Got a mail from HR to confirm time before the first call from recruiter. On the fixed time , I got a call from HR to confirm basic eligibility questions and brief about my profile to see if I qualify for this position or not . 2nd round was with Manager. The interview was scheduled for 1 hour and it took more than that. It was more example based and descriptive. 3rd round was scheduled with Director and manager, it was similar to 2nd round, almost same questions and same answers. 4th was an assignment to prepare a pitch on given scenario and a proof reading assignment.

Interview Questions

• describe details from start to end about the proposal process followed and your role in each step.   Answer Question
    • what were the challenges you faced while creating proposals   Answer Question
    • how did you manage stress and proposal deadlines   Answer Question
    • how many proposal you prepared in a weeks time   Answer Question
    • what is your biggest achievemnet   Answer Question
    • have you ever missed a deadline   Answer Question
    • describe a situation where you were struck and how did you handle that situation.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2008.

Interview

Standard questions, elaborating on past experience, skills, about 20-30 min.
    Advice is to dress and act very corporate-professional with them. Casual doesn't go over well there. Often smiles aren't returned and jokes aren't laughed at.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I asked for a certain salary and was granted it. It was a contract position and I was hired at entry level and aimed low on my request to them.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly in depth. I was interviewed 3 or 4 times by various people. I raised my eyebrows a little at the information shared with me - I was given in depth descriptions of each person on the team, including their weaknesses, problems they'd had at work and even health problems.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this Firm? Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Quite formal and professional, abide by Law Society rules, exposure to a wide variety of lawyers in practice groups in which I expressed interest, transparent and honest in their approach.

Interview Questions

• What is your great weakness/which challenges are you trying to work on in your own professional profile   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McCarthy Tétrault (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2019.

Interview

applied online, within a few days I was contacted for a phone interview and then the following day contacted for an in person interview which took place with 3 employers.

Interview Questions

• Being mindful of billing hours in the firm, how will you maximize your time per event in the planning process?
      How do you manage the success of your events?
      How do you present menu options?   Answer Question