McCombs School of Business Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McCombs School of Business Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at McCombs School of Business

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McCombs School of Business.

Interview

I applied online through the student job bank, received an email from one of the graduate students 3-4 days later. I met with the grad student I would be working with in the PhD lounge. It was a very informal interview. She asked me basic questions about my resume and some questions about myself. It felt more like a casual conversation than anything, and immediately after the interview she asked when I could start. It made me think that the interview was more of a formality than anything else.

Student Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCombs School of Business (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Hiring schedule correlate with semesters (applications and interviews at the end of each semester with more position for starting in fall semesters)
    Must be a McCombs student to apply, can find application info in email newsletters or school job boards
    1st round interview is 1-on-1
    2nd round interview is panel
    Makes sure to ask relevant question at the end of interviews to show your interest in this specific position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self (30 second intro), strengths and opportunities/weaknesses, past leadership experience, conflict resolution   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McCombs School of Business (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

standard assa meetings. you have to submit a package with your curriculum vitae your job market paper three letters of recommendation by December the first each year. The candidates selected for the second round are interviewed at the ASSA meetings that take place in January. The candidates selected for the final round are invited to give a seminar in the campus. Job offers are made at the end of January and February.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not to much to negotiate benefits and salary for faculty are standard across top universities