McCormick & Schmick's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.6

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very polite and professional. The interviewer was on time. Many questions with plenty of time to answer and give feedback. I was given ample choice of times available for the interview

Interview Questions

• How to apply previous experience to a new job scenario   1 Answer

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very fast the manager wastes a lot of time talking about things that do not pertain to the job . He looks for people who has very flexible hours, if you are able to work doubles definite way of being hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Got told to come in any day between 2-4 pm and a manager would talk to me. Went in waited an hr to get talked to then told it was a 3 part interview. It's a server job not something important but have to interview three times I drove an hour just for that interview very upset with that.

FOH Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's.

Interview

3 interviews. The GM's were nice and had great conversations about the job and experience. Met the regional who no surprise is running a store because he cant keep managers to save his life. From the start he was rude. When he asked questions he didn't listen to answers. If something wasn't done his way he would through his hands in the air in frustration. At that point I stopped the interview and declined.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Went through two interviews, I must say they really talked the place up i was excited. The Gm is a slick guy made it feel like i was joining a club or something.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be a part of this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very professional. It was given by the General Manager. She asked the normal questions and was very friendly and easy to talk to. She asked question about my work experience and work ethic. It was not as intimidating as I thought it was going to be. I was actually relieved when I realized how laid back, yet professional the GM was!

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond when it came to serving a guest?   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Went in for application filled it out and talked to manager who did a short on spot interview but said they were not hiring at time. waited a month for a call back and went in for an interview officially and went quick and got a call an hour later offering the job

Interview Questions

• Can I sell things like LsC   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to the location dressed professionally with a resume and filled in application. I submitted the resume and application to the hostess and inquired if a manager was present. She asked me to wait in the lobby. I was greeted by a manager and escorted to a dining room table. He briefly reviewed by application with me present. He asked me about my previous work experience and credentials. He shook my hand and went to file my paperwork. Another manager sat down and reviewed my application briefly. I was given hire paperwork to fill out and given a work start date.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the food and beverage manager. After two weeks I was called back for a second interview with the general manager. I was hired. No drug test. No background test either. After 2 weeks of working I'm quitting. No hours. No tips. Not worth it.

Server Interview

Interview

There is nothing of note about the interview process. If you have experience you will be invited to train. Training is a (female dog) kitten. Can go on for over two weeks of classroom with a lot of studying both the menu and the scripts that go along with scripted service. You'll get through it eventually.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult or unexpected interview questions.   Answer Question