McCormick & Schmick's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McCormick & Schmick's Interview Questions

Interviews at McCormick & Schmick's

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Roseville, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was set at the restaurant during a job fair. The hiring manager was clear and respectful about new direction of restaurant and purpose of new hires to motivate, inspire, and act with integrity in the workplace. These are all qualities I align with personally and knew this would be a great match.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to work at McCormick and Schmick’s?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Unorganized. GM offered me the job at the end of the interview. Was told he would call the next day to set up a schedule and sign paperwork. Never heard back. Tried calling and leaving messages. Tried emailing as well.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Sacramento, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Great Interview process. Simple and Straightforward way with good respect toward interviewee. The interview questions are standard to restaurant industry. The interview process is normal for restaurants. The interview process is normal for restaurants.
    The interview process is normal for restaurants.
    The interview process is normal for restaurants.

Interview Questions

• Those questions are what your weakness, your strengths, and can you work at fast pace?
      Simple and Straightforward way with good respect toward interviewee. The interview questions are standard to restaurant industry.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the service manager. It was about 30 minutes and focused mostly on past exerience. The questions were mostly about dealing with problems or difficult situations

Interview Questions

• What was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very polite and professional. The interviewer was on time. Many questions with plenty of time to answer and give feedback. I was given ample choice of times available for the interview

Interview Questions

• How to apply previous experience to a new job scenario   1 Answer

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very fast the manager wastes a lot of time talking about things that do not pertain to the job . He looks for people who has very flexible hours, if you are able to work doubles definite way of being hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Got told to come in any day between 2-4 pm and a manager would talk to me. Went in waited an hr to get talked to then told it was a 3 part interview. It's a server job not something important but have to interview three times I drove an hour just for that interview very upset with that.

FOH Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's.

Interview

3 interviews. The GM's were nice and had great conversations about the job and experience. Met the regional who no surprise is running a store because he cant keep managers to save his life. From the start he was rude. When he asked questions he didn't listen to answers. If something wasn't done his way he would through his hands in the air in frustration. At that point I stopped the interview and declined.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Went through two interviews, I must say they really talked the place up i was excited. The Gm is a slick guy made it feel like i was joining a club or something.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be a part of this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very professional. It was given by the General Manager. She asked the normal questions and was very friendly and easy to talk to. She asked question about my work experience and work ethic. It was not as intimidating as I thought it was going to be. I was actually relieved when I realized how laid back, yet professional the GM was!

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond when it came to serving a guest?   Answer Question