McCormick & Schmick's Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 44 of over 44 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at McCormick & Schmick's

McCormick & Schmick's

Application

I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's

Interview

it was awful, the manager was a pervert and never looked me in the eyes when speaking to me. I felt very uncomfortable. and this is dumb and why do I have to fill this out.

Interview Questions
  • He asked me plenty of questions not related to job? He was very unpleasant and made me uncomfortable. I would Neve work for this man or this company. EVER
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2020

Interview

I filled out an application back in March 2014, at their location on Wacker Drive in Chicago, after I had just moved from Naples, Fl. I saw that they were hiring and I used to go to their Naples location all of the time, and really enjoyed their food. I was interviewed by a really nice guy, he liked my job experience and my knowledge of the company. He arranged a second interview at a later date. I arrived on that date a little early and was told to sit at the bar and wait. After waiting for over an HOUR past my scheduled time, not to mention near a drafty revolving door letting the polar vortex chill in, I was finally greeted by a brunette girl. She was abrupt, rude, and made a jab about how I moved from Florida. She asked me maybe two questions and was done. I could tell that she didn't care about my skills or what I could offer to the company. She wasn't engaging, she didn't make eye contact, and I could tell she didn't want to be interviewing. She obviously was threatened by other females, and that is not a quality that someone in a management position should possess. You don't always get the job, so I'm not concerned about that. I'm just annoyed that the other manager clearly felt I would be a good fit and continued my interview process, making me come back for another interview. I'm annoyed that I was made to wait an HOUR past my scheduled interview time. I'm annoyed that I was met with a bitter, unprofessional employee who literally had my fate in their hands on if I got the job offer. I'm annoyed that this said employee completely wasted my time. Honestly this led me to work at a restaurant for the past 6 years that I have thrived and advanced in. I just never will forget the most unprofessional interview I have ever experienced. I'm glad that I didn't end up working with someone that petty. That whole experience ruined that company for me.

Interview Questions
  • "What's in a margarita?" "Like where have you worked before?" "Oh you're from FLORIDA?"

McCormick & Schmick's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's

Interview

Very friendly and I felt comfortable straight away. Very informal and more like chat which made me feel at ease. I would reccomend you prepare answers and make sure you dress smart in order to make a first good impression.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Roseville, CA) in Mar 2019

Interview

The interview was set at the restaurant during a job fair. The hiring manager was clear and respectful about new direction of restaurant and purpose of new hires to motivate, inspire, and act with integrity in the workplace. These are all qualities I align with personally and knew this would be a great match.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply to work at McCormick and Schmick’s?

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Charlotte, NC)

Interview

Unorganized. GM offered me the job at the end of the interview. Was told he would call the next day to set up a schedule and sign paperwork. Never heard back. Tried calling and leaving messages. Tried emailing as well.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Sacramento, CA) in Apr 2018

Interview

Great Interview process. Simple and Straightforward way with good respect toward interviewee. The interview questions are standard to restaurant industry. The interview process is normal for restaurants. The interview process is normal for restaurants. The interview process is normal for restaurants. The interview process is normal for restaurants.

Interview Questions
  • Those questions are what your weakness, your strengths, and can you work at fast pace? Simple and Straightforward way with good respect toward interviewee. The interview questions are standard to restaurant industry.

McCormick & Schmick's

Application

I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the service manager. It was about 30 minutes and focused mostly on past exerience. The questions were mostly about dealing with problems or difficult situations

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Washington, DC) in Mar 2017

Interview

Very polite and professional. The interviewer was on time. Many questions with plenty of time to answer and give feedback. I was given ample choice of times available for the interview

Interview Questions
  • How to apply previous experience to a new job scenario

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Arlington, VA) in Jul 2016

Interview

The interview process is very fast the manager wastes a lot of time talking about things that do not pertain to the job . He looks for people who has very flexible hours, if you are able to work doubles definite way of being hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Charlotte, NC) in Jun 2015

Interview

Got told to come in any day between 2-4 pm and a manager would talk to me. Went in waited an hr to get talked to then told it was a 3 part interview. It's a server job not something important but have to interview three times I drove an hour just for that interview very upset with that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Interviews