McCormick & Schmick's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Sacramento, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Great Interview process. Simple and Straightforward way with good respect toward interviewee. The interview questions are standard to restaurant industry. The interview process is normal for restaurants. The interview process is normal for restaurants.
    The interview process is normal for restaurants.
    The interview process is normal for restaurants.

Interview Questions

• Those questions are what your weakness, your strengths, and can you work at fast pace?
      Simple and Straightforward way with good respect toward interviewee. The interview questions are standard to restaurant industry.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Went in for application filled it out and talked to manager who did a short on spot interview but said they were not hiring at time. waited a month for a call back and went in for an interview officially and went quick and got a call an hour later offering the job

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

They bring you in between 2-4 ask you specific questions about your product knowledge, customer service knowledge and usually give you a decision right then and there. They also ask you about where you want to go in life , depending on the manager it can take anywhere from 20-1hr to complete interview.

Server Interview

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the service manager. It was about 30 minutes and focused mostly on past exerience. The questions were mostly about dealing with problems or difficult situations

Interview Questions

• What was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. Walked into the restaurant and filled out an in person application and asked to speak with the service manager. We talked and he asked me standard questions about wine knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Unorganized. GM offered me the job at the end of the interview. Was told he would call the next day to set up a schedule and sign paperwork. Never heard back. Tried calling and leaving messages. Tried emailing as well.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was appropriate. It required the normal application review with a callback from management for an interview. The hiring process continued with a trial 1 week training period with a serving test at the conclusion. They were happy to train and correct mistakes, without being overly stick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (Bridgewater, NJ) in April 2008.

Interview

Your first interview is with manager. Then with another manager. Then with the Sous Chef. Then work for 40 hours. Do a mock server with 2 managers and 1 chef. Then afer investing 2 weeks you find out if you are officially hired.

Interview Questions

• How to handle difficult patron   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never. Base wage plus tips

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's (San Jose, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Originally, I dropped off my resume with the lead host at the restaurant. After I was hired, The hosts then told me that when they see how the applicant is dressed, and their mannerisms when the applicant greets the hosts, the host's will put your resume to the top of the pile, so look sharp and act confident to even get noticed. The first interview was a phone interview where they asked me where I worked last, what did I like about my last job, what am i looking for in a job with McCormick and Schmicks, etc. If they like your answers and you make a good impression then they will ask you right there for a second one-on-one interview. depending on how many managers there are you will have to interview with at least two of them and the head chef. if you make it to round three, your pretty much in. during these interviews they will ask you about wine knowledge, seat numbers, workflow, past experience, health codes, sanitation, and honesty. they will also ask you how many species of fish you know, the more you know, the better you will look in comparison to the other candidates, because that is less they have to teach you. also liquor knowledge is a plus, they have a full bar.

Interview Questions

• what types of wine varietals do you know, and describe two of them in detail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only thing I negotiated was working holidays, normally if you are hired here you are required to work holidays but i negotiated my way out of that in the beginning. I wouldn't recommend this however, they were desperate for people when they hired me, and they really wanted me with my experience so they were willing to negotiate, I don't think this is a negotiable job.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McCormick & Schmick's.

Interview

The hiring process went very well. As soon as I asked if they were hiring, I was told to fill out an application. As soon as I completed the application, I was sat down with the GM who instantly gave me the job. The interview went very smoothly and I left feeling confident.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked what my weaknesses were.   Answer Question