McDonald's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

1.6

466 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY).

Interview

- Basic HR Interview
- Questions about where I saw myself
- Questions about why I want to work at Mcdonalds
- Questions about disability status
- Questions about favourite fast food item

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

It was good, first they sent me an email explaining the interview process and then i received a phone call they asked when can i come to the restaurant for an interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Mcdonald's ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager. The interview didn't take long, took place at one of the tables. He asked about my earlier work experience and things like that. There are lots of young people like me who work there.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

She just looked at how I presented myself and asked me my availability. That was really it. I knew one of the managers personally so it wasn't real job interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Walk in interview did not take very long most people got hired on the spot and a lot left during training. The following weeks more people left and by the end of the year most of the people were new faces. Definitely not a long term job for most.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was quick. They asked all the standard questions. The manager was nice. I had overdressed for it as it seemed, as all the other people who were interviewing were wearing jeans.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Went in for a first interview and was interviewed by a young man who had never interviewed before. So I was his first interview I thought it went well he went over the main questions he had written down. Called a week later to follow up and was asked to come in for a second interview this time it was the store manager. He was very distracted but asked basic questions about pass jobs. Once again thought it went well he was saying "great" and "perfect" after my answers. Called a week later talked to the hiring manager she asked my name and then a few moments later asked for my phone call and said she'd call me back. Never called me back. Could have just told me they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer wasn't happy with there meal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McDonald's (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was fast and neutral! Was asked basic questions such as work and customer experience. Skills & availablity. I was applying for franchise so they ask about piercings and tattoos. Advising What you can and can not wear.

Interview Questions

• How long have you had work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Augusta, GA).

Interview

It was very laid back. The interview was more like an open house, I got a call for an interview but I still had to sign in with the other people. I saw two people, the location owner and the hiring manager, they were both very kind and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's in August 2017.

Interview

Very basic, straight forward interview process. I was asked the simplest of questions. I got hired on the spot. The interview was very casual. The hiring manager didnt care too much that I was late to the interview.