McDonald's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McDonald's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

completed application on line and had a face to face interview that lasted 15 minutes. Waited weeks for feed back and decision. Was contacted via email that the position is currently on hold.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's in January 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy, they asked if I had experience using a cash register and I said yes. I had told them of my experience working in retail as a cashier without food experience and they said it was fine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Columbia, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

it was fairly easy, describe yourself, why do you want to work here, why should we hire you? etc. There were other potential candidates and they said they'll notify me in a week i wasnt hired though

Interview Questions

• What should make us want to hire you instead of one of the other attendees?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Asked me to interview consisted of my past experience. I didn't have much I could talk about since they were not interested in my video game accolades.

One interview question was they sampled how much change I would give a customer. I Couldn't do it so didn't get the job. Isn't that what computers are for?!

They asked how much change I should give if someone came in and gave me a 5 dollar bill and 3 quarters for a 99 cent ice cream cone.

I was like i'd give none cus yall ice cream machine is always out of order!

Interview Questions

• How much change should you give if the total was 4.37 and the customer gave you a 5 dollar bill?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Hillsboro, TX).

Interview

The interview was really easy, they asked a few questions and I answered with the answer that best fitted me. She talked to me about McDonald's and how they do their things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Burbank, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. The manager would interview you inside McDonald's where people eat. The manager was very chill, she asked pretty straight forward questions, your usual typical interview questions, nothing to hard.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a costumer is unhappy, Why do you want to work here, why should we hire you.   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

The manager called in about 15 people for an interview that day and it took a long time to get your chance to be interviewed. Well, when it was finally my turn, the manager told me that she would only call me if I passed the employment assessment test. Needless to say that I never heard from her again.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Well I don't know much about McDonalds but it's best that you do what you have to do to attend these meetings and interviews and also if you have to reschedule make sure to call in as soon as possible so the manager in a company of them know that you plan to reschedule and make sure if you have an interview you are on time and also that you come prepared with everything needed to apply for this job and to make it past the interview because there's more people behind you waiting for that position so if you really want it you have to fight for it to your fullest

Interview Questions

• what are the requirements to attend this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Minot, ND) in January 2016.

Interview

It was smooth and easy, giving people paper work to work with and trying on the uniform and giving your ID and social security card. It was that easy. During the interview you only need those two things and your set to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (New Orleans, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

I mean, it was real cool cause everybody there was asking like 1 or 2 questions and it didn't make me feel like they was all in my business. It was like, damn bruh, these people mad chill. So the lady interviewing me said she was gone call back once she like me or ask everybody what they thought. did she call back? nope.