McDonald's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.3

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Went in for a first interview and was interviewed by a young man who had never interviewed before. So I was his first interview I thought it went well he went over the main questions he had written down. Called a week later to follow up and was asked to come in for a second interview this time it was the store manager. He was very distracted but asked basic questions about pass jobs. Once again thought it went well he was saying "great" and "perfect" after my answers. Called a week later talked to the hiring manager she asked my name and then a few moments later asked for my phone call and said she'd call me back. Never called me back. Could have just told me they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer wasn't happy with there meal?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

They called me, and I answered questions that they asked. They continued to do so until the interview ended. I am not sure what more to add to this. However I would suggest you get a goo nights sleep before hand.

Interview Questions

• There was no tricky or unexpected question?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's in July 2017.

Interview

Was on the B enroll. Good at counting money and cleaning. Hard worker. Started working to save up for a car and to help me and my family and trying to save up for collage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed twice on different days in different locations. I don't know if this is normal in their hiring process, but I found it sort of extreme considering I only wanted to be a cashier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Very simple and standard. The questions can be easily answered correctly with the barest of preparation. Just make sure you pass that dumb online survey, I didn't so they denied my application in absolutely no time.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer being difficult while you were working at the front.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

completed application on line and had a face to face interview that lasted 15 minutes. Waited weeks for feed back and decision. Was contacted via email that the position is currently on hold.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's in January 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy, they asked if I had experience using a cash register and I said yes. I had told them of my experience working in retail as a cashier without food experience and they said it was fine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They ask me a series of questions and got to know me if I was a good candidate but I wasn't the proper age they wanted someone a bit older.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Columbia, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

it was fairly easy, describe yourself, why do you want to work here, why should we hire you? etc. There were other potential candidates and they said they'll notify me in a week i wasnt hired though

Interview Questions

• What should make us want to hire you instead of one of the other attendees?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Asked me to interview consisted of my past experience. I didn't have much I could talk about since they were not interested in my video game accolades.

One interview question was they sampled how much change I would give a customer. I Couldn't do it so didn't get the job. Isn't that what computers are for?!

They asked how much change I should give if someone came in and gave me a 5 dollar bill and 3 quarters for a 99 cent ice cream cone.

I was like i'd give none cus yall ice cream machine is always out of order!

Interview Questions

• How much change should you give if the total was 4.37 and the customer gave you a 5 dollar bill?   Answer Question