McDonald's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McDonald's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Not a lot of things to highlight during the interviews. I felt that they were just looking for somebody who could communicate people while looking them in the eyes. Granted, job is not that difficult, so I do not know if people will really need a reference for interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Employee in Yulee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Yulee, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I came in and they asked me the days I could work and then told me to go to orientation. I had already worked here so I didn't need to do a full interview because they knew my past work performance and abilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Minot, ND) in January 2016.

Interview

It was smooth and easy, giving people paper work to work with and trying on the uniform and giving your ID and social security card. It was that easy. During the interview you only need those two things and your set to go.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Marietta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was short and sweet because I have experience with a good back ground of references. I really didn't have a interview went straight to orientation based of my experience and talking to my last employers and managers were my references.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to be a manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I advise others if there not set up for fast food or just dealing with customers and your not pleasent or dont have good communication skills don't apply because you deal with different kinds of attitudes everyday.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy. They want to hire people who can work mostly weekends and who have great customer service skills. They thought I would be a good fit. Working in this environment is demanding and they want someone who can handle such an environment. The company is looking for young, energetic talent to serve their customers with a meal and a smile.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience in customer service do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clover, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Clover, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was a joke and they lie to you about pay raise and they honestly don't care about the employees. I told the manager I didn't feel real comfortable starting at 7.75 because my last job I made 8.00 an hour. I am still working at the same wage.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service expiernce   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (New Orleans, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

I mean, it was real cool cause everybody there was asking like 1 or 2 questions and it didn't make me feel like they was all in my business. It was like, damn bruh, these people mad chill. So the lady interviewing me said she was gone call back once she like me or ask everybody what they thought. did she call back? nope.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

General questions about work ethic, availability. If I had ever worked in the food industry, how do I handle working under pressure, can I multi task, am I a team player

Interview Questions

• How many hours can you work up to   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy to me . I dresses really nice and talked the part. I made sure that I show up on time . I showed up really early and she talked to me and kinda wanted to get to know me as a person we talked for about 30 mins . It felt like 10

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (Carson City, NV).

Interview

It was really unprofessional. They told me I had to do 5 interviews which was ok. But after the fourth they told me to call back. Every time I called back she told me the manager wasn't there and to call back the next. After 3 days of calling I stopped.