McDonald's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

1.6

487 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's (McAllen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

i was asked a couple of extremely easy questions that included how interested i was in the job and how available i was to work and if i could travel but i decided to decline the offer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

It was pretty simple and laid back. Got a call back a few days after for an offer which was awesome. As long as you go in with plenty of confidence and dress business casual, you are more likely to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses? How would you handle a difficult customer? Are you willing to work weekends/pick up shifts/holidays?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I first went through a phone interview process with the hiring manager, and then later got called in for an actual interview which was a three panel interview. They asked basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed twice on different days in different locations. I don't know if this is normal in their hiring process, but I found it sort of extreme considering I only wanted to be a cashier.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Everett, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The interview lasted about 10 minutes, where I was asked general questions about myself and if I was looking for part time or full time. Interviewer then asked me to come back the next day to have a second interview with the GM. Interview with the GM lasted 15 minutes, asked pretty much the same questions about when I could work and my hours. I got hired, they asked me to go in for orientation on one day, then the next day to come in to watch training videos. By the third day I was behind the register taking orders.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

What do you do like doing in your free time? What do you like doing in work? How did u get fired? Do you like dogs? Favorite color? Do you like cats? Do you like cheese?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Very simple and standard. The questions can be easily answered correctly with the barest of preparation. Just make sure you pass that dumb online survey, I didn't so they denied my application in absolutely no time.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer being difficult while you were working at the front.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Alameda, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Really easy all they want from me was a ServSafe and I got the job. The manager at this chain was really professional in the hiring process and layed everything out so I didn't get confused

Cashier Interview

Interview

Very easy interview. Called and asked if I had any criminal record. I didn't. Met on site with a manager and they explained that I needed to go through training.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was easy I don't have too many negative things to say what you see what you get. Basic questions about cleanness customer services. Friendly and straight to the point