McDonald's Certified Shift Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

1.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mc Donald, NM

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's (Mc Donald, NM) in November 2015.

Interview

I turn in my application An d I wrote on my application the Mc Donald courses that I already took, and the hiring manager call me for an interview, so after my interview and I ask him if he wants to see my certificates of all the MCD courses that I already completed, and he told me he believes me even he didn't see my certificates, cause no one knows the names of the courses, only the people that already completed.

Interview Questions

• What department that I am comfortable to work with   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Certified Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Very Simple interview of previous work history, reliable transportation, hours of availability, etc. The interview was very casual in the restaurant. We reviewed my work history together. They asked why I was interested in working there. They asked if I was bilingual.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation to get to and from this job?   1 Answer

Certified Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

it took about 2 days from putting my resume in and accepting the job. they called me the morning after i applied had an interview a day later then started working the following week. not that hard to get a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not

Certified Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

What do you feel you can contribute to the company? What is your personal management style? How would you handle an employee who comes to work drunk or high on drugs? How would you handle an employee caught short changing the register? How would you ha

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work midnights?   1 Answer

I was notinterestedin this career path.

Anonymous Employee in Poquoson, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Poquoson, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was already a crew member for like 3 months my store manager came to me and said u are going to manager classes tomorrow lol. I said ok didn't know I signed up for that....

Interview Questions

• Is there one thing that you don't tolerate from someone when trying to find out about an issue.   1 Answer

Certified Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Interview with district manager. Questions based on how you handle customer. Tell me a time when you had to show leadership. You work as a manager in training until they send you to class to get certified. Sometimes it takes months you have all the duties and responsibilities as a manager but no manager pay.

Anonymous Employee in Roscoe, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Roscoe, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was easy to get a job for me at McDonald's! I filled out application online and waited for them to calle for an interview. When they intervied me it took only 10 minutes to complete. They ask questions about your qualities you hold to even work for them. They hired my because They thought I would be a good worker.

Interview Questions

• flexible with days, times and shifts.   1 Answer
    • They ask me if I dont mind work in a fast passed job!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Sacramento, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the GM and Area Supervisor, neither of which spoke English first language,so that caused some communication challenges,as I asked questions. the interview was during a busy time in the restaurant,both were pleasant and professional. They just wanted to know if I had the experience and certifications to be a Shift Manager, and if I was available to work whenever they felt the need to call me in. I was not asked anything about Mcdonald's culture or any personality questions. The Managers who interviewed me told me about their growth with the company and pushed the many advancement opportunities. They gave me the rules and I nodded and smiled, because of course needed an income, and wanted to gain real management skills for a multimillion dollar company. There was no information offered, of course regarding the negative conditions of the restaurant operations, and scandals, I had to ask those questions,which the Interviewers laughed off stating "Some People don't want to do their job and if they don't just send them home".

Interview Questions

• If I attended the Introduction to Managment class offered by the company, and if I knew the software, and a few other Company Jargon definitions and policies.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for Low-level restaurant workers. They assume most people have no other options, So they basically give you their offer and say take it or leave it

Certified Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

When they call you anwer you interview that's it

Interview Questions

• If you are getting an interview you are probably already hired if your a crew person   Answer Question

Certified Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's in December 2013.

Interview

it was nice and fast. i had two interviews then i got offered the position. I gladle took it. went to a meeting and then got started after the meeting.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle crew conflict   1 Answer