McDonald's Certified Swing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.0

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Albert Lea, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Albert Lea, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard customer service interview. Ask you about your work history and ask you some of the "tell me about a time you..." type questions. If you have ever had an interview at a retail job or at a restaurant, you kind of know the questioning process I am talking about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as a manager, and why we should give you the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Certified Swing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

sit down 5 mins and congrats you got it. I had applied online after a current employee told me that they were looking to add more people to the management team. They called within a week or two and set up the interview and that was that

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Lakeland, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

After filing out an application, they gave me a call to come in for an interview. I sat down with the supervisor and general manager. They both asked me various questions about my experience with McDonalds. They were very simple questions. The interview lasted no more than 10 min.

Interview Questions

• What do you know how to do in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Thornton, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interview on May 2015 as a crew member and I worked my way up to be a shift manager and became certified in Oct of 2015 because I have 8 months in being a shift manager

Interview Questions

• What makes u more certified for this position then anyone else   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Really fast - applied online and within 2 weeks got called in for an interview. Asked basic questions. Also asked about customer service experience. Asked it I was able to lift heavy objects and if I was able to work in a fast paced environment. Also asked about my leadership background.

Interview Questions

• How long should a customer be sitting in drive thru?   2 Answers

I got a job in my degree field.

Certified Swing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's in March 2011.

Interview

Met the interviewerror at a Mcdonalds. She asked about questions that were on the online test. Asked me a lot of what ifs. Asked me if I had any tatoos that would need to be covered. Talked about my level of experience and education. Simple intereview questions. Nothing to difficult. Simple how are you qualified for this postion? Etc.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied for the job at the age of 15 in April, Got called for an interview in May and got the job the next day. Interview was one on one and lasted for about 15 minutes. I knew the general manager which is why I got hired so young. I was trained on the register and got the hang of it like 3 hours later that shift.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was my strengths and weaknesses because I have none so I made it up. Another question was " How long do you think you'll stay in the company."   2 Answers

Negotiation

My starting salary was minimum wage. Throughput the 4 years of employment I received a .25 cent raise 5 times. Salary is non-negotiable. You either take that pay or find another job. But I was 15 at that time so it seemed like a lot for me.

Certified Swing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

My first contact was a walk in to submit an application for a crew position. I was dressed in khakis, a button down long sleeve shirt and a tie. I approached and indicated that I wished to obtain employment. I was asked if I was applying for management and I clarified that I was seeking a crew position. I was introduced to the GM who also assumed that I was seeking a management position. I indicated that I was looking for a crew position because I had no management experience and I did not wish to apply for a job that I was not qualified for and not get a job at all. The GM continued to steer me away from submitting a crew application, telling me that if I applied for the CSM position and did not meet the standards that I would not be disqualified from the crew position.
    I completed an online application for the CSM position. A couple of days later I was called and informed that we could progress with the next stage, an interview with the owner / operator (OO). I had expected this interview to be the toughest part of the process, but it turned out that I was apparently already approved for the position and that this interview was about making sure that I knew what I was getting into as well as the standard 'this company is a pretty awesome place to work' boilerplate.
    About ten to fifteen days after my initial contact, I began work for McDonalds # 666.
    Okay the store was not #666, it was actually #(some five digit number) but that is just foreshadowing.

Interview Questions

• This was during the meeting with the OO. The year was 2008 and the minimum wage was $6.55/hr; the step up to $7.25 was another 9 or so months away.
      The OO was in the process of explaining just how fabulous it was to work for him. I had just left a job washing dishes for the Marriott making $8.39/hr. OO makes a wage offer. As I did not have any management experience, I did not feel that I was in a strong position to negotiate. OO does that thing where he writes a number down and slides it over to me. Drama. It is as though the number he has just written is so astounding that it must not be spoken. In retrospect it was that astounding.
      $7.25/hr. I took a $1.14/hour pay cut changing jobs from dishwasher to manager trainee.
      W. O. W.   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time I did not feel that I was in much of a position to negotiate, and I accepted the offer as it was presented.
    I would suggest that someone in my position NOT DO THAT.