McDonald's Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Hiring was easy. I just had to submit my application then they asked me when I could work. I ended up working just a few days after. The only thing was that once I started it was with new management so it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orla, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Orla, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring processShare your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

I a just writing this so they can restore access to the app so I can look at other cimpairs ignoreally this entirely this app is great but is really stupid when they make you contribute and you have nothing to say

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Ok , some questions about my past experience working in fast food, and how my people skills are, high-school education. Past jobs, normal job questions.they are pretty much every day people.

Interview Questions

• Work experience in fast food.   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Basic. Not crazy. I thought the process would have been harder. Hired on the spot. They need more hr help. I think they were so understaffed that's why they hired me. Background checks are normal

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Interviewed by the general manager. If selected you go through the standard paper work, tax forms, benefits, work availability. Training is done via computer in the office. You will be asked to watch multiple videos for food safety and to learn their processes to many major job tasks. After watching the videos you will be quizzed on the material during the video, which isn't hard. You will then be trained in person for a few shifts, it's not hard to learn.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? How many hours are you looking for each week? Are you willing to be cross trained? Are you willing to work holidays? Do you have a reliable form of transportation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Nampa, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

They'll ask you general questions that regard the position you want to have, such as, "how did you hear about the job opening?", "why do you want to work here?", "when can you start?",etc. Considering McDonald's almost always needs people to work there, anyone that believes that they did decently on the interview can expect to immediately get the job.

Interview Questions

• "When can you start working?"   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I was asked about how familiar I was with them and their products and how they were made. I think they cared more about being able to coach me on what to do and am not a problem to work with. I was taught how to do things after I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself furthering your education?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I honestly recommend seeing if you can have another job offer to use as leverage. They will be stingy on pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at McDonald's (Fresno, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Destin, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

There was no interview process other than them asking me if I had a pulse and if I knew where to buy weed. I told him that my cousin Jamal may be able to hook him up, but he then found out that the Jamal I was talking about was a dude who wanted to kill him for messing wit his girl and then he told me just to get to work.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, there was no interview process other than him trying to buy weed   Answer Question