McDonald's Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,444 Interview Reviews

1.6

1,444 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Crew Member Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a text from the manager two days later to call her to set up an interview. I was really nervous for the interview but all you have to do is be yourself honestly.

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durand, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Durand, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

I got there a little bit early and waited for the manager since she was working the drive thru. We sat down and talked for maybe 5-10 minutes about my previous work experience, company rules about appearance(no crazy hair colors, visible tattoos, etc)and availability. She asked 5 or 6 questions, then said she contacts people in a week if she wants them. She stood up, shook my hand and thanked me for coming in.

Interview Questions

• She gave me a scenario where a customer orders a hamburger, they come back to the register and say they ordered a cheeseburger, but you specifically remember them saying they wanted a hamburger. What do you do.   2 Answers
    • What did you do at your previous job?   1 Answer
    • When would you be available to start?   2 Answers

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Was referred by a friend, was asked to come in for interview. Got hired immediately without doing any kind of interview. McDonalds is a good place to work if you have no job experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call after a week for an interview. It was really easy! The interviewer (GM) asked a few questions that I'd prepared before hand. Just make sure to smile and dress up well (I went for a business casual look). People might say that it's just McDonald's you'll get the job, but if you put in the effort it really does look good and increases your chances of getting hired too. Also make sure to ask questions at the end — I asked "what does a typical shift look like" and "what do you like the most about your job?" She said that she'd like to send me to orientation at the end! I thanked her and left

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Lowell, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a position at a location closest to me. Later that day, a manager from a location in a town nearby called and left a voicemail asking about an interview. I was confused at first because he didn’t specify details but he just talked about availability with me over the phone (I was available anytime on weekends and evenings on school nights). After that, he offered me a job right over the phone but I declined because of my concerns on the location (He wanted me to work 40 mins away when I could just work at the one that is down the street from my house).

Honestly, McDonald’s applications don’t even ask for a resume and mainly about availability, so don’t fret about the interview! At most, they’ll just ask your skills and when you’re available to work, so just be yourself!

Anonymous Employee in Yuba City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (Yuba City, CA).

Interview

She asked about my experience. No previous job history was okay. I have experience volunteering somewhere and she liked that. She told me that she thought I'd be right for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

I got a call about a week or so after filling application. I answered a few questions over the phone about my availability, whether I was in school, whether I had worked for McDonalds in the past and then I was asked to come in for an interview the next day. I went in and there where about 10-12 other applicants waiting in the lobby. The manager was sitting at a table interviewing each person. The interviews were quick and my turn came up. I showed two forms of i.d. and was asked my uniform size and told to come back for orientation the next day. I went the next day and it was just paperwork and receiving my uniform. I was told to come in the next day for training and the rest is history.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked at McDonald's before? If so where and when.

What hours are you available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Stafford, VA).

Interview

It was very easy going in to talk to them. They offered me water before the process began. They asked me multiple questions about myself and it all went very smoothly and the hiring people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Burlington, VT) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call back the next day. We agreed on an interview date later that week. I arrived at the time a little early and she was interviewing another person which made me a little more nervous. We sat down at one of the tables and she basically asked my availability and if I was comfortable washing dishes. After I stated my availability she said they were going to hire me. I was given a date for orientation that I've yet to attend but will later this week.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McDonald's in September 2017.

Interview

I got to their office 15 minutes early so the lady at the desk had me wait a moment. Another lady walks out asking my availability and if I had any forms of ID with me. Basically right then and there I had the job, just have to fill out paperwork and then I get my uniform.