McDonald's Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.5

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

They made me come in for 3 interviews, then they sent me an offer letter. Then I went in for an orientation. And then I was placed at a location and started work

Interview Questions

• Give us a time where you had a problem and how you felt with it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Sacramento, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had two 1:1 interviews. Both within one week. One was like a district manager and one I believe was the owner, the second didn't introduce themselves correctly. Monday I had the first interview and Thursday I had the second interview. The interviews were really easy. The first interview with the manager was chill and comfortable. The owner kinda grilled me and asked irrelevant questions. I guess it was understandable since he's making a decision that will affective his business.

Interview Questions

• FIRST INTERVIEW - Tell them about a time you dealt with bad customer service.   1 Answer
    • FIRST INTERVIEW - Why do you want to work for Mc Donald's?   1 Answer
    • FIRST INTERVIEW - Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • FIRST INTERVIEW - Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer
    • SECOND INTERVIEW - (word for word literally)

What are we doing here?
      What stores have you worked for?
      What do I do for my current employer?
      Why did you choose law school and what do you plan on doing with your degree?
      I'm going to check your references.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a website. A management recruiter called me from another state and gave me a phone interview. Then I had to fill out background check information. After that came back I was set up with a face to face interview. after that i had to work in a store for 2 days before getting an offer. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of typical restaurant management questions?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Long interview. It was actually harder than I had expected. She asked all kinds of questions about scenarios. It was almost grueling. It actally taught me alot that day. One of the most difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's (Grand Haven, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I was told I will start as a department manager and it took over a year for me to get there after I started. After I was promoted they did not want to give me my raises for months after I was supposed to have them.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was coming from and owner operator and was recruited by McDonald's corporate so there wasn't much of an interview process. Once I committed to move and accept the position there was a background check.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked questions regarding logistics of moving out of state and start dates. There was not an interview, only asking me to fill out the online application with a special code they provided me.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

The interview itself was a lot shorted than I anticipated and the tone a lot less heavy. Also, it was less scripted than I thought it would be, and was more of a conversation. This being said, it took several weeks for the interview to be set up, and just about as much time to hear back. When I did receive an offer, they demanded to know whether I would accept their offer within just a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a situation where another manager failed to get all of their work done for the day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't expect more than the base salary.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by my regional manager. Basic interview questions and told right away that I was promoted to the position and to start training. training took about a month and a half. LMS, LDR, and in store training.

Interview Questions

• How have you bettered your store and what can you bring to the table if you receive this postion   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Dayton, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Easy and quick. Very quick and to the point. People were friendly and very into helping me get the job and be a member of the team. Had a lot of resources available to me for the job.

Interview Questions

• What were my plans for the future.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (Columbus, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

I was called by the Mcdonald's Corp recruiter in Illinois. He interviewed me and asked me what I would like to make as a salary. He then sent my information to the corporate offices in my city. That following Monday I was contacted by the area talent manager. She then set up an interview about a week later. After the interview she set up a 2-day OJE ( ON JOB EVALUATION ) where I came into a restaurant and I worked for two days while the evaluated how I dealt with customers, delegation, and cleanliness.

After the OJE was over I waited another 2-weeks for the background check to clear. After the background check cleared the made call to set up a meeting to make me an offer. I met my new Supervisor at the Offer metting and accepted the offer. A week later I started on June 13th 2012.

The process lasted from April 28th - June 30th.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I thought more about the fact that I was coming in on the ground floor of a major opportunity.