McDonald's Guest Services Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Guest Services Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

McDonald's prefers to promote shift managers for this position from within. If you are a shift manager and show that you have what it takes, and a position becomes available, you will be asked if you want it. It is also based on your performance reviews done by your current department manager or general manager.

Negotiation

They tell you the salary upfront and ask if you are willing to take it.

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Guest Services Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Grand Junction, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is fairly simple. Begins with an application. This is most easily done online at mcstate.com. After the application, there will be a basic aptitude/personality/decision making quiz. This quiz asks how you would react in certain situations, like "If you found out someone was steeling money, what would you do?" The People Department Manager or Store Manager will print out a copy of your application and test, and it labels you as "Green" or "Red" in certain areas, based on your answers to the questions. "Green" means the test thinks you will be okay. If your availability meets the current requirements of the store, then you will be called in for an interview. This is done in the lobby of my restaurant. If this goes well, you will be called back (usually within 24 hours at my store) for your orientation. This is where you fill out your employment packet. You will then be told when to return for your first day of "work," which is actually sitting in the crew room for 4-6 hours watching videos. Your second day will be the first day that you are on the floor working.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at McDonald's?
      We don't want to hear that you like the food. We know it is not people's first choice, unless you are a kid going to school. But put some thought into your answers. One of the best that I've heard is, "I want to do everything I can to support my family financially, and am willing to work harder than anyone else here to earn more hours."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Started at minimum wage. Most owner/operators will start you at minimum wage, with different ways of getting raises.