McDonald's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.2

639 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durand, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's (Durand, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

I got there a little bit early and waited for the manager since she was working the drive thru. We sat down and talked for maybe 5-10 minutes about my previous work experience, company rules about appearance(no crazy hair colors, visible tattoos, etc)and availability. She asked 5 or 6 questions, then said she contacts people in a week if she wants them. She stood up, shook my hand and thanked me for coming in.

Interview Questions

• She gave me a scenario where a customer orders a hamburger, they come back to the register and say they ordered a cheeseburger, but you specifically remember them saying they wanted a hamburger. What do you do.   3 Answers
    • What did you do at your previous job?   2 Answers
    • When would you be available to start?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Everyone went in and was asked to sit at a separate table for the one on one interviews. They hired a guy who walked in off the street to buy food in his construction clothes. I was not called back.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Easy interview. McDonald’s loves young people because of lower pay. If you apply, you will 99% get accepted into the company. I got the job easily but I got accepted into a higher end job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Lancaster, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

We shook hands..it want very well we talked for 10 minutes . I hope to here from them next week they told me to call them back. Hopefully to here back from them soon I really like the interview I hope they liked me.

Interview Questions

• What did I like about working at McDonald's   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Went in for a first interview and was interviewed by a young man who had never interviewed before. So I was his first interview I thought it went well he went over the main questions he had written down. Called a week later to follow up and was asked to come in for a second interview this time it was the store manager. He was very distracted but asked basic questions about pass jobs. Once again thought it went well he was saying "great" and "perfect" after my answers. Called a week later talked to the hiring manager she asked my name and then a few moments later asked for my phone call and said she'd call me back. Never called me back. Could have just told me they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer wasn't happy with there meal?   1 Answer

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Spartanburg, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

the employer emailed me to request an interview after applying on Indeed- I called and left message- employer texted me that he would call to followup- he never followed up

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (New Orleans, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

The application process was very straightforward. I filled out a simple application online and received a call from the hiring manager less than a week later asking if I would be able to come in for an interview the following day. Surprisingly enough, when I showed up to the interview, I was not asked any behavioral or technical questions - just my availability and uniform size.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at McDonald's (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

She asked me basic questions no personality test but she could tell how antisocial I am and I can’t drive can only work tell 7 because in 15 and can not get there tell 5:00

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Interview went well, very professional. They tell you what to expect and see if the position is a good fit for you. Nothing too extreme or out of the ordinary.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

a bit of a rant but, I applied online to the location in San Tan Valley, Az and I got no response for two weeks, I saw they did open interviews and wanted to take initiative and show up, even with my anxiety I wanted to get to working, I was really determined to get this job. The hiring manager was not very understanding or helpful during the interview, I've never had a job before so this was all new to me, she said she would call Wednesday and if I didn't hear from them that I should call in the next few days. When I called back on Friday to see what my status was she acted like she didn't even know who I was and said they found someone with "more experience" which is ridiculous because this is a entry level job and a "more open schedule" even though I explicility told her that I was available anytime they need me. She also said to call back in two or three weeks to see if there any openings, that really upset me, I'm not going to wait that long after they treated me like nothing. I'm sure I didn't do that great at the interview but aren't they supposed to give people oppuritinites? I was willing to work and give it my all but I guess they don't want that, they just want previous achievments. Keep in mind in Arizona minimum wage is $10 so maybe they want people to reach more requirements. These entry level jobs don't feel like entry level jobs anymore, the only time you get success is if you have a resumè or insane personality. It was just a bad experience and I'll never apply at such a crappy establishment ever again. I'm sorry if I seem entitled, this world owes me nothing but this was my first interview and it's a really crushing feeling to really set your sights on one job and then have it hit you in the face. I guess that's why people look for multiple jobs at once. I won't give up on looking for a job, this was just a setback and in reality I probably dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at mcdonalds?   1 Answer