McDonald's Crew Member/Grill Cook/Crew Chief Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Crew Member/Grill Cook/Crew Chief Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McDonald's (Kennewick, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

This was the job I really wanted for my first job (at 16/17) and I was determined to get it. It was right by my house so I could walk since I didn't have a car, it seemed like friendly people worked there, and I wanted to get hired. I first applied online, and then in person. I turned it in to the manager and they looked over it, then asked me if I could come in for an interview in a few days.

So I came in for the interview with the hiring manager and everything went well, so they scheduled me for a second interview with the general manager.

First interview:
Questions they ask are like "Tell me about yourself / your work experience if you have any." "Why do you want to work here?" "Out of all the places around, why did you choose McDonald's?" "If hired how long would you work here?"

Second interview:
They will probably ask you the same questions, but maybe some harder ones like "Where do you see yourself in the next 2-5 years?" "What makes you better than all the others we've interviewed?" stuff like that. They never asked me that, but better to be prepared for it.

They were nice, the interviews were short, anywhere from like 5-15 minutes.

You can just dress business casual. Don't overdress. They don't mind if you're in jeans and a blouse, or for male maybe just some khakis and a polo or button down. Just make sure everything is clean and cute.

I provided them my resume and references. It's hard to make a resume at 16/17 with no real experience but just do your best, it really makes you look good. They took forever to call my references, it might take up to two months. I kept calling back every one to two weeks, and even came in and talked to the manager to check up on the status of my application. So don't get discouraged right away. Good luck. It's a great place to work, despite all the other rants you've heard.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation, it's a minimum wage job.