McDonald's Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

1.7

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McDonald's (Gary, IN).

Interview

Can you play really enjoyed the interview process and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to get a job with McDonalds there were a lot of questions about my prior work history and how I got along with other people which I thought was strange because I don't get along with other people and it was my first job so we didn't have a lot to talk about but I found out that me and the manager had common interests and that we liked beer thank you.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any prior work history   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not know about negotiation phases during the job interview process otherwise there would have been discussions and negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

I a just writing this so they can restore access to the app so I can look at other cimpairs ignoreally this entirely this app is great but is really stupid when they make you contribute and you have nothing to say

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Ok , some questions about my past experience working in fast food, and how my people skills are, high-school education. Past jobs, normal job questions.they are pretty much every day people.

Interview Questions

• Work experience in fast food.   1 Answer

Mcdonalds Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out application then interviewed with shift manager. No surprises, it's a national franchise chain. Received offer the same day. Emphasis on food safety standards, reliability, customer service. Good management practices and well established protocols for everything...Very mature organization.

Cashier, Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Carmel, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

We were half a dozen new hires. After filling out paperwork, which included a review of company procedures and personal information, our interviewers brought us into the kitchen, where we were shown what machines McDonald's uses and where spare supplies are kept. We were then given a uniform, and reported for further training throughout the week.

Bilingual assistance for Spanish speakers was provided for the interview questions by a man named Steve.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is a fair wage for this job?   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Basic. Not crazy. I thought the process would have been harder. Hired on the spot. They need more hr help. I think they were so understaffed that's why they hired me. Background checks are normal

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Florence, SC).

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I sat down and talked with the gm. He told me I had the job after the interview. I had my orientation a week later and started working a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McDonalds?   1 Answer

Maintenance Or Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (New Albany, MS) in May 2016.

Interview

I was ask why I wanted to work there and how did I hear about the job . I was also ask if I had transportation to an from work . I was also ask would I be dependable

Interview Questions

• Do I work well with others   1 Answer
    • Was I willing to work with to more hours   1 Answer

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Took place in dining area in front of customers with a manager. Very unprofessional, she kept leaving and stopping the process in the middle. The questions were very simple and easy. I believe there were 4 total. Was told they would be in touch and they called the next day.

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I spoke to the manager whom I didn't know at all I have this habit that I smile too much so I guess that is a plus. She asked me couple basic questions like why do I want to work here and I said some bs.. Meaning this is to sell yourself. Make yourself sound good. People would love the effort you put in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer